mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha FL1024M Flash Memory"

Posted on: March 09, 2024 @ 08:41 AM
Mike K
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-09-2024

I found a decent deal on a Flash Memory card someone removed from an MOXF they sold.  Never used or installed one.  Somewhat concerned that if there is something wrong with the flash memory card, could it have potential to damage the MOXF8 at all?

I know to make backups before doing this.  I make them regularly and carry flash drive with me...just in case on jobs.

Any concerns or am I being overprotective of the MOXF which I love.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2024 @ 01:33 PM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  165
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi,

Unless the memory board has visible damage (cracks, loose components, discoloration from heat, etc.), I wouldn’t worry about it. As long as you take the precautions outlined in the MOXF Owner’s Manual, the likelyhood of causing damage to your synthesizer is minimal. I have done similar upgrades to most of my own instruments without a single hitch.

Flash memory generally wears out over time, as read/write cycles accumulate. After many years of heavy use, data errors may start showing up at some point, but that won’t hurt the host instrument. If the board came out of a working unit, it is probably fine.

PS: You may want to check your MOXF firmware version, and update it as needed, since the earliest versions had a couple of issues specifically related to those flash boards.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2024 @ 05:24 PM
Mike K
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-09-2024

Thanks.....GuessI will give it a try if still available.

[ Ignore ]