mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "accompanying software"

Posted on: December 12, 2023 @ 12:58 AM
syurin_nagatuki
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-11-2023

I purchased a used PLG-150 AN and PLG-150 DX.

However, what I obtained was only the board itself, and there was no accompanying software.

I visited YAMAHA’s website, but I couldn’t find any downloadable content.
Is it possible to obtain the demo MIDI data and accompanying software?
In the near future, I’m also interested in acquiring PLG-150 VL, PLG-100 XG, and PLG-100 VH. I currently own MOTIF RACK, MOTIF RACK ES, MU100R, and MU2000EX.

If there are differences in operation or compatibility issues with different host synthesizers, I would appreciate advice on which board to install on which synthesizer.
I know I’ve asked a lot of questions suddenly, but I would be grateful for any information you can provide.

Thank you sincerely in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2023 @ 01:28 PM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  165
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi,

syurin_nagatuki - 12 December 2023 12:58 AM

Is it possible to obtain the demo MIDI data and accompanying software?

The PLG150-AN shipped with a set of three floppy disks that contained the following:

- AN Easy Editor (XGworks plugin)
- AN Expert Editor (XGworks plugin)
- 1 bank of 64 Plug-in Voices for CS6x/CS6R/S80
- 1 bank of 64 Performances for MU100/MU100R/MU128 *
- 5 demo songs

The files are described in the Owner’s Manual, and can be downloaded here.

The PLG150-DX shipped with a CD-ROM and a floppy disk, that contained the following:

- DX Easy editor (XGworks plugin)
- DX Simulator (XGworks plugin)
- 1 bank of 64 Plug-in Voices for CS6x/CS6R/S80
- 1 bank of 64 Performances for MU100/MU100R/MU128 *
- 12 demo songs

The files are described in the Owner’s Manual, and can be downloaded here.

* These Performance banks are also compatible with the MU2000EX.

A couple of notes on the original software:

The XGworks plugins that shipped with the PLG boards are obsolete Win9x versions. They can’t run standalone, and will only be useful if you already have XGworks V2/3/4 or XGworks Lite installed on your system.

Later editor versions, such as v1.0.5, will run independently, and are still available (AN Expert Editor, DX Simulator and VL Visual Editor).

The final editor versions (v1.2.1/v1.2.2) will also run as OPT/OMPS plugins in SQ01/SOL2/XGworks ST, Studio Manager and 32-bit Cakewalk Sonar editions, but these are no longer found on Yamaha’s website.

syurin_nagatuki - 12 December 2023 12:58 AM

In the near future, I’m also interested in acquiring PLG-150 VL, PLG-100 XG, and PLG-100 VH. I currently own MOTIF RACK, MOTIF RACK ES, MU100R, and MU2000EX. If there are differences in operation or compatibility issues with different host synthesizers, I would appreciate advice on which board to install on which synthesizer.

The PLG100-VH requires microphone input, and will only work with an instrument that has a built-in A/D section. You therefore can’t use it in your Motif-Rack/Motif-Rack ES. Also note that a VH board must always be installed in PLG slot #1.

Unlike the PLG100-VH, all the other PLG board types will work in any of your host instruments. Your instruments must be connected to a computer in order to play all the available parts (internal + PLG) simultaneously, since a single MIDI port is limited to 16 channels/parts. For the MU100R in particular, this means using its old “To Host” interface, which requires the original adapter cable, the 32-bit-only CBX-MIDI driver and a PC with a legacy serial port.

Your Motif-Rack and Motif-Rack ES can integrate Preset or Custom Board Voices from the PLG150-AN, PLG150-DX and PLG150-VL boards into its own bank of Plug-in Voices, where offset edits, host effects and other settings can be applied. Custom Board Voices made in the editor software can be bulked to the host instrument, and stored/loaded there. The PLG boards can also operate as separate Parts in Multi mode for a total of 16+2 Parts. None of this is possible with the MU modules, so I would recommend hosting these boards in you Motifs.

A PLG100-XG must always be installed in the last PLG slot (slot #2 in your Motifs and MU100R, slot #3 in your MU2000EX). Your two MU-modules already provide 96 XG Parts in total, and both have lots more sounds to choose from than the PLG100-XG. Roughly equivalent to an MU50, this board really only makes sense if you need basic XG compatibility in one of your Motifs.

DX and VL boards were also available in the older PLG100-series, as part of the “Plug for XG” platform. You can use these in your Motifs too, and edit them with the same software as the PLG150-series. Their memory structure is a little different, however; Custom voice banks must be bulked via MIDI and cannot be stored in or loaded from the host instrument’s memory/storage. Similarly, the MU modules do not have memory banks for Custom Board Voices or Plug-in Voices (only Performances, which can include PLG boards), and should therefore be regarded as “Plug for XG” devices.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2023 @ 08:26 AM
syurin_nagatuki
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-11-2023

To Mr. Henry,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation and the links to the files. I believe I now have a deeper understanding of the Plugin Board system, which was somewhat unclear to me before. Based on the information you provided, I am eager to make even more use of MOTIF RACK and Plugin Board than I have in the past. Your assistance has been greatly appreciated.

Sincerely grateful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2023 @ 09:19 AM
- Henry -
Joined  10-30-2011

You’re very welcome.

The PLG architecture can be cumbersome due to the way memory is organized on the boards themselves and on the host instruments, and because of the way data has to be shuffled around between them and the computer. Knowing what data goes where is the key. I highly recommend reading the related articles written by Phil/"Bad Mister”, that you can download from the support menu. If you have more questions on the topic, don’t hesitate to ask!

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2024 @ 12:41 PM
rs.felicio
Total Posts:  15
Joined  04-29-2010

Dear,

Has anyone had success to install these PLG’s editors on current versions of Windows 11?
Tried a lot off procedure with no success.

Thanks in advanced.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2024 @ 01:28 PM
- Henry -
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi,

Since my current DAW computer doesn’t meet the hardware requirements for Windows 11, I haven’t even though about it, but the PLG editors worked just fine with 7 and 10 (both 32- and 64-bit) for me.

Specifically, what procedures did you try?

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2024 @ 02:55 AM
rs.felicio
Joined  04-29-2010

Thanks for your help.

Basically I tried:
- Install XG-Works.
- Install AN Expert Editor and DX Simulator (both in last version, download from Yamaha’s site)
All installation using Win 98 compatibility mode.

XG Works is fine (screen is showing), but the editores no ...

Att

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2024 @ 09:03 AM
- Henry -
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi,

rs.felicio - 21 February 2024 02:55 AM

Basically I tried:
- Install XG-Works.
- Install AN Expert Editor and DX Simulator (both in last version, download from Yamaha’s site)
All installation using Win 98 compatibility mode.

XG Works is fine (screen is showing), but the editores no ...

The editor versions that you downloaded from Yamaha are not for XGworks; Only the earliest versions were, such as those that came with the PLG boards.

The later versions were designed to run standalone, or alternatively as OPT plugins for SOL/SQ01). They can not be opened in XGworks.

I suggest you uninstall them and try again. This time, use Compatibility Mode for Windows XP SP3 on the installer executables, and also check the “Run this program as an administrator” option.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2024 @ 10:28 AM
rs.felicio
Joined  04-29-2010

Thanks Henry… I’ll try.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Convert EX5 sounds to Motif se
Next Topic:

Motif 6/PLG150-AN help.. !! ››