mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How Can I Get It To Remember?"

Posted on: August 21, 2016 @ 01:21 PM
Babz
Total Posts:  5
Joined  08-21-2016

When I startup the MOXF, I want it to return to whatever patch I was last using before I shut down (LIKE EVERY OTHER SYNTH I HAVE EVER USED!). Instead it forgets where I was and restarts to USR:001(A01). Arggggh! Suffice it to say, I deeply hate this behavior.

On pg. 58 of the manual it talks about
“Setting the default mode when turning power on.” It seems it allows you to select some other patch as the starting point after power on, but it seems to only offer you the ability to startup to the same patch every time. I don’t want that. I want it to remember where I was before I shut down. 

Is there no way to do what I want?

What is the deal here? Please, someone help!

I can’t understand why Yamaha would design such a poor user experience. I am further baffled by the combination of this and auto power off. (At least I figured out how to disable that.)

Thanks,
Babz

P.S. Sorry, I am a new user in the first days of trying to sort some things out, after years of using a Roland workstation, so please bear with me. I think I’ve got 90% of it right away. But I may need some help sorting out a few things that are new for me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2016 @ 01:58 PM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015
Babz - 21 August 2016 01:21 PM

It seems it allows you to select some other patch as the starting point after power on, but it seems to only offer you the ability to startup to the same patch every time.

Sorry to say you’re absolutely right, that’s all. I also miss some “last used” setting that was available e.g. in Korg workstation I formerly used.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2016 @ 02:11 PM
Babz
Total Posts:  5
Joined  08-21-2016

OK, thanks. I totally don’t get why, with an instrument that has thousands of patches, they want to force you to start over from scratch every time, but I guess it’s just something I’ll have to learn to live with. At least now I can give up hope for some setting deeply buried in the menus that I was missing.

Best,
Babz

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2016 @ 03:45 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014
purcell - 21 August 2016 06:10 PM

“Sorry to say you’re absolutely right, that’s all. I also miss some “last used” setting that was available e.g. in Korg workstation I formerly used.”
---------------------------------
ENTER - STORE - (or even SAVE as ALL FILE)!

That´s the MOXF way!
No “last used” setting possible...with the MOXF!

Don´t forget ENTER - STORE if you are creating
a “ HYPER SOUND “ (Voice-Performance - etc ).

Otherwise you can kill this “ HYPER SOUND “
- by doing a false click!
- some other false event!
- by SWITCH OFF!

Remember this!

Does this make any sense, even to you purcell?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2016 @ 12:03 PM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015
purcell - 21 August 2016 06:10 PM

“Sorry to say you’re absolutely right, that’s all. I also miss some “last used” setting that was available e.g. in Korg workstation I formerly used.”
ENTER - STORE - (or even SAVE as ALL FILE)!

That´s the MOXF way!
No “last used” setting possible...with the MOXF!

Don´t forget ENTER - STORE if you are creating
a “ HYPER SOUND “ (Voice-Performance - etc ).

Otherwise you can kill this “ HYPER SOUND “
- by doing a false click!
- some other false event!
- by SWITCH OFF!

Remember this!

Purcell, will you be so kind as to try to clarify this message or describe more precisely its aimed content. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ John Melas on MOXF and MOX
Next Topic:

MOXF song mutes/solos don’t carry over to Cubase ››