mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“ports in the host app have not been properly set”"

Posted on: February 13, 2016 @ 06:31 PM
Dionysis
Total Posts:  23
Joined  11-04-2015

Been tweaking with my UR22 lately to find out if I can remedy a low rumble that I hear, pulled some usb’s out, put them back in, but it seems that a configuration has been changed somehow and now when I open cubase 8 with my moxf usb-plugged to my (win8) computer, choosing a new “moxf with vst editor” project I get a “port open error” at the editor.
At the vsti setup is see the “vsti before” screenshot I attach you, and change it to “vsti after” screenshot (which I recall reading somewhere is the correct one).
Moving to file>setup I get a “ports in the host app have not been properly set” message (screenshot “ports before"). Changing settings (screenshot “ports after") I see that finally things are syncing up (screenshot “sync"), and everything works ok after that.
If I save my project after the corrections and re-open it, is works fine also.
But if I retry opening a new project the wrong configuration reappears. What am I doing wrong?

Image Attachments
ports before.pngports after.pngvsti before.pngvsti after.pngsync.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2016 @ 10:28 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Both UR22 and MOXF uses Yamaha Steinberg USB driver. Try to install the latest version (1.96),
than to connect your MOXF again. One problem could be if you connect MOXF to different USB connection on PC than you have connected before. Although this sounds stupid, Windows always install driver again if you change USB port where you connect your device. Some people reports problem where they have received message from Windows like “to many devices installed”. That is not a problem only for USB sticks, but for other devices it could make things like you had.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2016 @ 06:44 AM
Dionysis
Joined  11-04-2015

Makes sense!
I will try this the soonest possible.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2016 @ 12:23 PM
Dionysis