mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS connecting to Mobile Sheets Pro"

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 04:40 PM
John M.
Total Posts:  46
Joined  12-07-2008

Hi,

I recently purchased Mobile Sheets Pro for my Asus TF 101 tablet.
One of the features is sending a program change to a synthesizer upon selecting a new sheet music.

The following MIDI commands are recognized in MobileSheetsPro:
 Patch Select – This sends two control change messages and a program change message, and is designed to change the selected instrument on a keyboard.
 Control Change – This sends a controller number and value
 Program Change – This sends a controller value
 System Exclusive – This sends a series of bytes to the MIDI device. This is the most advanced command, and is not required in most situations.

unquote

I’m also using John Melas software on my PC and are having no problems is sending messages between Motif and PC. In other words cable seems to be OK and midisettings on Motif are also OK.

However when using my tablet I do not succeed in sending a program change to my Motif. In this case I have to use a different cable viz. the original cable from Asus with a USB A female - USB B male adapter.

Is anybody using a tablet in combination with a Motif who could advise me on this subject?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 06:13 PM
John M.
Joined  12-07-2008

After doing some research on the internet it seems that I have to use a different cable viz an “USB OTG-adaptercable” which makes a host from the tablet instead of a slave.

Anyone who could advise me?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 06:54 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m not familiar with either the Asus TF 101 or Mobile Sheets Pro. I do know that the XF can only act as a USB client, so the tablet would have to act as a USB host. If you can find a compatible USB On-The-Go adapter, then that might do the trick.

A possible problem is whether the XS USB port is class compliant. When using a computer, a USB driver is required. Unless the software can “talk” to the XS, even the right host adapter might not be sufficient.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2015 @ 04:55 AM
John M.
Joined  12-07-2008

Hi Mr. 5pinDIN,

Thank you very much for you reply, I think it indeed is a hardware and not a software problem. I will inform Zubersoft.de (softwaremaker Mobile Sheets Pro) about your opinion.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS8 Main Audio Shuts off...
Next Topic:

motif XS7 freezes while sampling ››