mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Master Volume fader - does it send any MIDI out?"

Posted on: October 12, 2014 @ 06:10 PM
jxclark13
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-17-2013

Does anyone know if the master volume fader on MOTIF ES sends any MIDI message out?  As far as I can tell it doesn’t seem to, but thought I’d check to make sure I’m not missing anything. 

With the way I have my live rig setup it would be cool if the master volume fader could be my master volume for both onboard sounds and for my laptop.  I know I can use the assignable faders to control volume on my laptop, but I was hoping for One Fader to Rule Them All.  (Then again, I’d probably just end up dying in some fiery volcano in a shadowy land.)

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2014 @ 08:59 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jxclark13 - 12 October 2014 06:10 PM

Does anyone know if the master volume fader on MOTIF ES sends any MIDI message out?  As far as I can tell it doesn’t seem to, but thought I’d check to make sure I’m not missing anything.[...]

Welcome to the forum.

You’re not missing anything. The Master Volume slider doesn’t send any MIDI messages - it’s an analog control (after the D/A conversion).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 13, 2014 @ 09:11 AM
jxclark13
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-17-2013

Thanks, 5pinDIN. On to plan B…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES6 and Mainstage 2
Next Topic:

PLEASE, please HELP !! MOTIF ES on sampling, etc. ››