mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Live Performance"

Posted on: September 19, 2014 @ 08:54 AM
Nightwin26
Total Posts:  9
Joined  09-19-2014

Hi All,

Possibly two newbie questions here - please bear with me.

1.  When I use my Motif XF7 on stage I use performance mode where I have several sounds (4 max) setup (horns, strings, piano. accordion).  Question - I want to be able to call up the performance mode and have all the volume levels set at 0 so I adjust them live via the faders? When I call them up now, I always need to blank out the volume settings by move the faders all the down (which clears the red arrows). 

2. I purchased a sound bank of vintage synth sounds - I was able to load up US1 bank into USR4 (since I have USR1-3 already used).  Question - I would like to load the rest of my vintage keyboard sounds, however, I don’t have enough space since I don’t want to loose the sounds in USR1-3.  Do I need an extra memory sound module?  What are my options - anything external I can use? 

Thanks!
Rob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2014 @ 12:08 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Hi and welcome!

You should be able to set whatever volume(s) you like within the Performance parameters. Might also suggest a global volume pedal - priceless for live performances.

You can load new Voices either via 1bank load (select “1bank” as your file type when loading), which lets you put an entire incoming bank into the user bank of your choice. Or, you can Load Voice, which lets you put single Voices into any user location. There are editors, too, but you should be able to manage your library just fine using these two methods.

There is no expansion mechanism for storing and accessing Voices. You can simply store Voice data on USB stick etc for backup. The Flashboard houses new samples that can be used by Voices but this won’t increase user Voice capacity. Again, there are librarians but you have a ton of room internally and you can create and then load in different sets of user memories if you have different gigs using completely different voice and set-up requirements. In other words, program your instrument as you want for your Rock Gig and then Save All, which will save Voices, Performances, Patterns, Arpeggios, master lists etc. Then create an entirely different selection and layout for your Jazz Gig and do another Save All. You can then load the All file for whichever gig you’re on in two seconds and you’re done.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2014 @ 12:12 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Nightwin26 - 19 September 2014 08:54 AM

Hi All,

Possibly two newbie questions here - please bear with me.

1.  When I use my Motif XF7 on stage I use performance mode where I have several sounds (4 max) setup (horns, strings, piano. accordion).  Question - I want to be able to call up the performance mode and have all the volume levels set at 0 so I adjust them live via the faders? When I call them up now, I always need to blank out the volume settings by move the faders all the down (which clears the red arrows). 

2. I purchased a sound bank of vintage synth sounds - I was able to load up US1 bank into USR4 (since I have USR1-3 already used).  Question - I would like to load the rest of my vintage keyboard sounds, however, I don’t have enough space since I don’t want to loose the sounds in USR1-3.  Do I need an extra memory sound module?  What are my options - anything external I can use? 

Thanks!
Rob

1) No matter what volume levels you STORE for each PERFORMANCE PART (and yes you can STORE at ‘0’), you will be required to go to that level with the slider and “hook” it in order to change it.  In non-motorized faders, this is the only way to prohibit extreme volume changes as soon as a slider is touched.

2) You have (4) USER VOICE BANKS total.  You can use them as you wish, and you can have multiple ALL or ALL VOICE files saved to USB flash drive to quickly change them...but you ‘only’ have (4) BANKS internally, and there is no way to use an external device for more sounds in real time.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Copy song to pattern
Next Topic:

MIXV Question? ››