mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "DCP Productions’ Motif XF voice libraries for MOXF?"

Posted on: September 15, 2014 @ 09:42 AM
Ray07
Total Posts:  14
Joined  05-31-2014

Will DCP Productions’ Motif XF voice libraries like ‘Orchestral Strings’, ‘Renaissance & Folk Instruments’ be made available for MOXF ever?
Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2014 @ 12:27 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You could always just PM Dave Polich and ask him!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2014 @ 01:37 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

We’ll of course let Dave Polich supply the official word on this but we believe he is in rehearsals with Fleetwood Mac for their upcoming tour so he may not be as available as he normally is.

Converting a sample-based library that also uses some internal waveforms requires some additional re-programming due to the difference between Motif XF and MOXF in terms of ‘where’ Voices will point. It’s not a simple conversion, in other words.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2014 @ 10:38 PM
jshep0102
Total Posts:  290
Joined  11-16-2012

I bought his Brass for XF and loaded it right into my MOXF. John Melas software is awesome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2014 @ 11:06 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There were problems loading some XF libraries into the MOXF if it had an early OS installed. If attempting to load XF data, it might help to update the MOXF firmware - the current OS version is 1.10.

@MrMotif:
Although not specific to this thread, I noticed an error in
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/moxf.html 
Although the MOXF does not offer user sampling, it can load sample-based voice libraries if you install an optional 512MB or 1MB Flash Memory Module.

The MOXF can also load voice libraries that were created for the MOX, or the Motif XF--provided, if it uses samples, that these will fit into a 1MB Flashboard.

References to “1MB” should, of course, be “1GB” or “1024MB”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 16, 2014 @ 01:06 AM
Ray07
Total Posts:  14
Joined  05-31-2014

Thanks everyone for your inputs :)

Well, I did some searching and found that all these libraries are available at Yamaha Music Soft’s website.

Regards,
Ray

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading Wav Files to MOXF
Next Topic:

RSS for MOXF Forum? ››