mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Syncing VST in Cubase ?"

Posted on: August 14, 2014 @ 04:55 PM
moxman68
Total Posts:  15
Joined  07-28-2013

After a long time of struggling through learning how to use the MOX and Cubase I have finally managed to get MIDI backing tracks (downloaded off various web sites) and open them in Cubase or install them directly on the MOX (in SONG). It’s obviously much more convenient to edit them in Cubase rather than via the mixing utility on the MOX.
After I had loaded 15 midi song files onto the MOX, I got a message that the MOX was running low on memory. These were backing tracks of only 4-5 minute playing time and maybe 6 - 8 individual instruments per track. As the MOX is supposed to have 64 song slots this would be no use if i needed many song slots on the MOX for live shows.

I decided it might be better to try and get the MOX to read MIDI files directly off a USB stick but I couldn’t understand how this can be done from the Motifator help articles or all the MOX/Cubase documentation.

Then I figured it would be better simply to create all the songs in Cubase ( using the VST Editor to polish the arrangements) , and play the songs directly off my lap top in a live show.
Problem is when I select an empty song slot on the MOX and try to run the song off Cubase it works beautifully EXCEPT there is a major delay while Cubase syncs to the MOX. This would not be avery convenient delay during a live show when you want to keep the momentum going.

I have to admit that I do not understand some of the processes here….

Perhaps by simply restricting the data sync to CURRENT would be the fastest. I have tried to restrict it to this in the sync utility in VST Editor but it still seems to take several minutes for the sync to occur when I change songs. Can anyone tell me what critical steps I am overlooking?

I am assuming that when I save a song as a Cubase project .cpr file, the VST mixing settings for that project (song) are saved with the file ( if VST editor was used during the song construction).
If so would it be possible to save the songs to a USB stick and have the MOX play them directly off the USB stick already edited for the instrument voices, panning, volume etc.?
If so how should they be saved - and in what file format/ or extension - for playing directly off the USB stick plugged into the MOX. I don’t think it would be as a standard SMF file as none of the mixing specific to the Cubase project would be included - am I correct?
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 15, 2014 @ 11:19 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

I use the mox with the computer.

The mox is the input device, so I play the keys and I can record them in my DAW.

I also use the mox as a sound module. So I send a track to it in voice mode. Then I find the voice I want and make an audio track in my DAW of the voice. Repeat as needed. Voice mode sounds the best for a track.

I name the midi clips for the voice I used in case I need to redo it later.

Lots of ways to use the mox, I’ve never learned to use the internal sequencer, couldn’t see a reason to.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2014 @ 02:19 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

test

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PA 150A Power Adaptor earth leakage current...
Next Topic:

Where is the Rhodes? ››