mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FC7 Pedal?"

Posted on: August 01, 2014 @ 05:14 PM
angelkeys
Total Posts:  77
Joined  03-27-2011

Im looking for a quality volume pedal for my XF6.Is the FC7 a good one?I do not want a pedal that you just touch it and the volume level shoots up quick. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2014 @ 05:18 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
angelkeys - 01 August 2014 05:14 PM

Im looking for a quality volume pedal for my XF6.Is the FC7 a good one?I do not want a pedal that you just touch it and the volume level shoots up quick. Thanks

Good pedal, yes.  I own 4 of them, definitely the one to get for your XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2014 @ 12:17 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Ditto. I’ve played with them forever, zero issues other than maintenance. I’ve always found them to be very articulate in their response and smooth in operation. Someone recently pointed out that I have a habit of standing on them while I play. They asked how often I replace them. Never was my response. Rugged.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2014 @ 01:56 AM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
stoneb3 - 02 August 2014 12:17 AM

Ditto. I’ve played with them forever, zero issues other than maintenance. I’ve always found them to be very articulate in their response and smooth in operation. Someone recently pointed out that I have a habit of standing on them while I play. They asked how often I replace them. Never was my response. Rugged.

I often stand on them when I play also stoneb3.  My only maintenance over the years is replacing the occasional pot, which is very reasonably priced from Yamaha Parts.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2014 @ 03:44 PM
angelkeys
Joined  03-27-2011

Thank you for the info on the FC7.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2014 @ 03:09 PM
angelkeys
Joined  03-27-2011

I just got the FC7 pedal and I’m very happy with it,when i push down it is very smooth.I do have a question,when i play some performances it does not control the volume level of the arp.How do i get it to control the arp volume level along with the voice level?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2014 @ 03:59 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
angelkeys - 07 August 2014 03:09 PM

I just got the FC7 pedal and I’m very happy with it,when i push down it is very smooth.I do have a question,when i play some performances it does not control the volume level of the arp.How do i get it to control the arp volume level along with the voice level?

Not sure exactly what you are asking here.  An ARP is simply the machine playing musical notes or drum hits for you...without you having to actually press the keys.  It is the PERFORMANCE PARTS that have more or less level adjusted per the first four faders.

The FC7 will control the expression volume of all four PERFORMANCE PARTS, relative to how the balance (faders) are set for each PART.

Perhaps if you gave us the name of a PERFORMANCE that you believe the FC7 is not controlling the “ARP volume level” we could be of more assistance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2014 @ 09:22 AM
angelkeys
Joined  03-27-2011

Most of the perf are ok as far as the pedal controlling the volume.2 of the perf it does it with are,usr-4 B10 Clavi Funk and use-4 G01 Rockacha.The arp volume will stay at hi volume and the voice volume will be controlled by the pedal.I have made some changes to some of the perf but i think these 2 have not been changed.Im trying to make sense out of it but i just don’t get it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2014 @ 03:22 PM
angelkeys
Joined  03-27-2011

Still can’t figure out why the arp volume is still not controlled by the volume pedel.Does anyone have an idea why?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2014 @ 03:46 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Performance part edit. The part you wish the pedal to control should have Exp. set to on. (Checked).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2014 @ 04:04 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
angelkeys - 11 August 2014 03:22 PM

Still can’t figure out why the arp volume is still not controlled by the volume pedel.Does anyone have an idea why?

I still can’t figure out what you mean by the “arp volume”?  ARPs don’t have volume on their own, they control a PART...which has a volume level.

If I recollect correctly, there are two or three PARTS in Clavi-Funk controlled by ARPs.  What ARP-controlled PART in Clavi-Funk are you referring to...which one does NOT respond to the FC7 pedal?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2014 @ 05:10 PM
angelkeys
Joined  03-27-2011

Thanks for taking the time to help cmayhle.Part 1&2;are not working with the volume pedal,part 3 and 4 are.parts 1,2 and 3 are all arps and part 4 is a voice.I tried changing volume levels in part edit but the problem is still there.When i control the volume level with the master volume lever it works fine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2014 @ 05:51 PM
rossenoble@gmail.com
Total Posts:  12
Joined  08-06-2014

The FC7 Pedal works great...I love it!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2014 @ 05:52 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
angelkeys - 11 August 2014 05:10 PM

Thanks for taking the time to help cmayhle.Part 1&2;are not working with the volume pedal,part 3 and 4 are.parts 1,2 and 3 are all arps and part 4 is a voice.I tried changing volume levels in part edit but the problem is still there.When i control the volume level with the master volume lever it works fine.

Have you checked the setting that stoneb3 referred to?:

“Performance part edit. The part you wish the pedal to control should have Exp. set to on. (Checked).”

Go to Edit, select PART 1...this puts you into PART Edit for PART 1.

Go to page 116 of the XF Reference Manuel, at the bottom is MIDI Receive Settings. Go to that page [screen] on your XF, and be sure Expression is checked...per the instructions above.

Do this for each PART.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2014 @ 06:36 PM
angelkeys
Joined  03-27-2011

Cmayhle,I did as you said and it was the Expression and the Control change,neither one was checked.I checked both and it is working fine now.The more i learn about the xf the more i like it.Thank you every one for your help.

[ Ignore ]