mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Song Names with mixing"

Posted on: May 13, 2016 @ 12:59 AM
PatAzz
Total Posts:  57
Joined  01-25-2011

I’m really confused by the Song and Pattern Mixes.

1. How do you name them?
2. It seems like the names are very short compared to other names (like Voice Names). I can’t find anything in the manual that makes sense of this, and I’m kind of hoping someone out there can help me get it straight.

thanks,
Pat

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2016 @ 02:12 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
PatAzz - 13 May 2016 12:59 AM

I’m really confused by the Song and Pattern Mixes.

1. How do you name them? ....

You don’t name MIXINGS, you name the SONGS and PATTERNS they are associated with.

Naming a SONG is a SONG JOB.  Page 46 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual addresses naming a SONG, as does page 96 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

Naming a PATTERN is a PATTERN JOB.  See page 111 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2016 @ 11:42 AM
PatAzz
Joined  01-25-2011

OK. That explains it.

I’ll use a song (or pattern), name the song, create a mixing associated with the song, and then create Master using that mixing/song (pattern) for my live gig.

It’s the little things -

Thanks -
Pat

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2016 @ 01:32 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
PatAzz - 13 May 2016 11:42 AM

OK. That explains it.

I’ll use a song (or pattern), name the song, create a mixing associated with the song, and then create Master using that mixing/song (pattern) for my live gig.

It’s the little things -

Thanks -
Pat

Keep in mind (and this may be part of the confusion):

You do not have to create a MIXING for a SONG (or PATTERN), a MIXING is really just another “view” of the SONG (PATTERN) that allows you to address a specific set of parameters...as well as enter a traditional mixing-desk view of the channel(PART) set-ups.

Your MIXING is not a separate entity from the SONG or PATTERN.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2016 @ 01:56 AM
PatAzz
Joined  01-25-2011
cmayhle - 13 May 2016 01:32 PM

Keep in mind (and this may be part of the confusion):

You do not have to create a MIXING for a SONG (or PATTERN), a MIXING is really just another “view” of the SONG (PATTERN) that allows you to address a specific set of parameters...as well as enter a traditional mixing-desk view of the channel(PART) set-ups.

Your MIXING is not a separate entity from the SONG or PATTERN.

That is part of the confusion. I’m using John Melas editors and they have Mixing editor, but not a song editor.

I’m getting there. :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2016 @ 12:01 PM
B.Minor
Total Posts:  126
Joined  10-22-2010

PatAzz wrote:

That is part of the confusion. I’m using John Melas editors and they have Mixing editor, but not a song editor.

Yes, that’s something that confused me also at the beginning. However, fact is that John Melas Tools will only manage MIXING data for SONGS or PATERNS but not any sequencer data included there. Sending/receiving any sequencer MIDI events via SysEx was never implemented by Yamaha for the MOTIF series, that’s why no external tool will ever be able to make use of such a functionality. You always have to use USB media directly on your synth to load/save any sequencer data - there seems to be no workaround for that.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need to change split point on 3rd party voice
Next Topic:

MOXF sysex commands? ››