mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern mode/mixing mode questions"

Posted on: April 29, 2016 @ 02:32 PM
blake80
Total Posts:  110
Joined  03-14-2014

I am currently working on a new pattern in my MOXF8. Everything appears to be going well but for an issue I have with pitchbend on one of the parts.

It doesn’t appear to function on this part even though in voice mode it does work.

I have tried different things;

Turning on parameter with voice. Going through every parameter in edit mode. Looked through the reference manual etc to no avail.

So my question; How do I turn on pitchbend for a part in mix mode?

I know it’s on page 31 of the reference manual for voice mode but I cannot see it in mix mode.

Another question;

Can I have insert effects on the drums in mix mode/pattern/song mode? As I cannot seem to find any settings for this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blake

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2016 @ 04:57 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
blake80 - 29 April 2016 02:32 PM

Everything appears to be going well but for an issue I have with pitchbend on one of the parts.

First see if there are any pitch bend messages visible in the edit screen...filter out everything else to see it more easily. Perhaps you didn’t record the bends into the pattern. There is nothing in pattern or song mode that inherently blocks pitch bend.

Can I have insert effects on the drums in mix mode/pattern/song mode? As I cannot seem to find any settings for this.

Any track can have insert effects but there is a limit of 8 out of 16. By default, the first 8 tracks have insert effects switched on. If your drums are on a track between 9 and 16, you need to switch the insert effects off for some track between 1 and 8 before you can switch them on for your drum track. Note that the tracks don’t have to have any data recorded to use up one of the inserts.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2016 @ 05:59 PM
blake80
Joined  03-14-2014

Thanks for your help.

I had another search through the archives and this time around I found a topic regarding the drums having to have the insert effects added at voice mode. Only then can they be imported into pattern/mix mode as there is no option for voice edit,( where the option for the insert A/B effects are), for drum parts.

I take it this info is correct?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2016 @ 07:09 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I am currently working on a new pattern in my MOXF8. Everything appears to be going well but for an issue I have with pitchbend on one of the parts.

It doesn’t appear to function on this part even though in voice mode it does work.[...]

Check the Receive Switch setting for the Part. See [F5] RCV SW on page 119 of the MOXF Reference Manual, which will refer to page 69 for details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2016 @ 07:20 PM
blake80
Joined  03-14-2014

Brilliant! Thanks for the heads up. I missed that as I didn’t look in the performance section as I didn’t think it necessary as I was in pattern/mix mode.

I will check this out tomorrow and let you know if it solves my problem.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2016 @ 08:30 AM
blake80
Joined  03-14-2014

That did the trick! Thanks for that. I am now wondering whether I’m being stupid or the manual is a bit vague.....;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2016 @ 10:56 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
blake80 - 30 April 2016 08:30 AM

That did the trick! Thanks for that. I am now wondering whether I’m being stupid or the manual is a bit vague.....;-)

When explaining functions for SONG and PATTERN Modes, the Reference Manual quite often refers you back to previous pages covering screens in common for the same settings in PERFORMANCE Mode.

Why it was written that way is unclear… it’s not as though they were trying to save paper!

However, being aware of this can alleviate a good deal of frustration.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2016 @ 11:39 AM
blake80
Joined  03-14-2014
cmayhle - 30 April 2016 10:56 AM

When explaining functions for SONG and PATTERN Modes, the Reference Manual quite often refers you back to previous pages covering screens in common for the same settings in PERFORMANCE Mode.

Why it was written that way is unclear… it’s not as though they were trying to save paper!

However, being aware of this can alleviate a good deal of frustration.

I was thinking the same thing.

This workstation is so complex, which is a good thing btw, but it does mean the manual has to be clear and concise. The fact it regularly refers one back to other sections is a bit tedious to be honest especially as the reference manual is only a download it wouldn’t have hurt to structure the manual so that you don’t have to refer to other modes to get the info you need.

I will probably never use performance mode as I don’t play live and as I’m a song writer, pattern/song mode is all I really need.

I was really getting up tight trying to work it out. I kept thinking pitchbend has got to be in VCE EDIT not in VOICE!!!!!!!!......never mind.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2016 @ 02:28 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome - I’m glad that resolved things.

There have been less polite words than “vague” used to describe the manuals.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording with Cubase and moXF
Next Topic:

import midi file freezes up moxf8 ››