mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem while booting XF 6"

Posted on: July 24, 2015 @ 07:58 AM
Domino74
Total Posts:  3
Joined  07-24-2015

I am for almost one and a half year owner of a Motif XF6 and in general very statisfied with this unit. In the last few weeks I notice something strange while booting my Motif. During a “cold” start it takes sometimes up to three seconds until the display lights up and shows the yamaha logo while the unit itself starts the booting process right after turning the keyboard on. Meanwhile during a “warm” start the display turns on right after swichting the unit on. The keyboard is updated to version 1.50. Can this considered as normal behaviour?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2015 @ 09:00 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s not normal behavior at typical room temperatures.

How cold is “cold”?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2015 @ 09:10 AM
Domino74
Total Posts:  3
Joined  07-24-2015

“cold” start means turning the unit on again after a longer break (at least one hour). When I switch the Motif on again after only a short break of ten minutes the display lights up directly within one second. The room temperatures is a bit warmer than normal at the moment (26 to 28 degree celcius).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2015 @ 09:36 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Domino74 - 24 July 2015 09:10 AM

“cold" start means turning the unit on again after a longer break (at least one hour). When I switch the Motif on again after only a short break of ten minutes the display lights up directly within one second. The room temperatures is a bit warmer than normal at the moment (26 to 28 degree celcius).

At that temperature range, the display should light in a fraction of a second. It’s possible that the LCD backlight is beginning to fail. That would be unusual for 1.5 years of use, even if left on for long periods each day.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Dark Contintent: What voices/arpeggios?
Next Topic:

Video Out For Motif XS? ››