mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Which Ipad apps work successfully using USB connectivity and system update?"

Posted on: January 23, 2015 @ 11:28 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Hi everyone. Just wondering which Ipad apps you have successfully been able to use to record stereo audio and midi from your moxf via usb lead using the system update?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2015 @ 12:25 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

min3008 - 23 January 2015 11:28 PM

Hi everyone. Just wondering which Ipad apps you have successfully been able to use to record stereo audio and midi from your moxf via usb lead using the system update?

I’m using Cubasis and I have recorded audio directly from MOXF and also vocal through MOXF audio input.
Moreover, using Audiobus I could connect other software synths on iPad to MOXF effects and stereo out.
I think that also Yamaha Mobile Sequencer could be used, since MOXF is listed as a keyboard in app and it also support audio tracks.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2015 @ 03:24 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

I use Auria.  The MOXF has two audio outs through USB which Auria can see.  One out is the A/D inputs and the other is the MOXF itself.

As for MIDI, I use all sorts of apps.  Mainly Alchemy, but also iGrand Piano, Nave, Garageband, Thor, and others.  What’s really nice is the USB audio will also play the iPad through the MOXF.  Nice way to do layers.

You will want to learn to use the Master mode (and possibly Song/Pattern as well).  Master mode allows you to have multiple MIDI channels setup so you can do things like have a MOXF piano sound layered with Alchemy and Thor.  I have a Master named ‘Alchemy’ which has a MOXF pad and MIDI Out to Alchemy Mobile so I can layer.  It is a nice way to get quick access to using an iPad synth app.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2015 @ 08:36 PM
min3008
Joined  12-08-2012
nbadesign - 24 January 2015 12:25 PM

min3008 - 23 January 2015 11:28 PM

I’m using Cubasis and I have recorded audio directly from MOXF and also vocal through MOXF audio input.
Moreover, using Audiobus I could connect other software synths on iPad to MOXF effects and stereo out.
I think that also Yamaha Mobile Sequencer could be used, since MOXF is listed as a keyboard in app and it also support audio tracks.

Alex

Hi Alex

Just wondering when you record with Cubasis do you need to set up any settings in Cubasis itself for the software to recognise the moxf, or does audio send straight through with no Cubasis settings needed to be set for the moxf?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2015 @ 09:27 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

Hi Alex

Just wondering when you record with Cubasis do you need to set up any settings in Cubasis itself for the software to recognise the moxf, or does audio send straight through with no Cubasis settings needed to be set for the moxf?

Cubasis recognize MOXF without any additional settings. Moreover, it recognized my Motif ES connected over USB! When working with audio track(s), you just need to select which audio port you are using. For MOXF sound it is 3&4;and for A/D in it is 1&2;. You don’t need to set anything else on MOXF.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 06:11 AM
min3008
Joined  12-08-2012

Thanx Alex. Very helpful. Judging from your picture, aren’t you a bit young to know all this stuff? Ha! Guessing that’s your son or relative.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 07:34 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

min3008 - 28 January 2015 06:11 AM

Thanx Alex. Very helpful. Judging from your picture, aren’t you a bit young to know all this stuff? Ha! Guessing that’s your son or relative.

Thanks for comment! Yes, that’s my 7yr old son. I have started at this forum with his photo where he was about 2 holding small keyboard like a pro :). I’m not so young, but I feel like I am, and music helps me to keep that feeling.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ USB Hub
Next Topic:

Yamaha Synth Book ››