mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS6 Doesn’t Copy from Track to Track"

Posted on: January 15, 2015 @ 03:13 PM
DaveG38
Total Posts:  37
Joined  01-01-2011

I seem to have a curious problem with my XS6, one I haven’t come across before. I’ve got an instrument recorded in track F6, and I want to play around with it without losing it, so I’ve copied it to Track F16. Usually, when I do this I get a faithful replica of the copied track.

This time, everything appears normal, including the voice used (Hard Drive AS 1&2;Guitar) and its settings, but the sound is awful. It’s nothing like the original in track F6, which is harsh and strident. This sounds like plain classical guitar or something similar. I’ve gone through all the Tone 1 and Tone 2 settings and they are all the same for both tracks.

Anybody know what has happened?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2015 @ 03:45 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I presume you’re using a Pattern, and are referring to Section F.
I also presume that you used the Copy Track Job. If so, did you have the appropriate boxes checked for the Data Type to be copied (see page 226 of the Owner’s manual)?

If my presumptions are wrong, please provide more details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2015 @ 04:07 PM
DaveG38
Joined  01-01-2011

Yes, I’m using pattern mode and I’m trying to simply copy F6 to F16. All the boxes in the ‘Data Type’ are checked, so that the track should just copy straight over - it always has in the past.

For some reason, the end result of this is nothing like the original, yet all the settings available using the Tone 1 and 2 buttons are the same. The other thing is that when I use the ‘Category Search’ Guitar button, and change the instrument it too is nothing like it should be when the same action is performed with the F6 setting guitar. In other words, by copying this track I seem to have ended up with a completely different set of guitars!! It’s weird and I don’t understand what’s going on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2015 @ 05:10 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

The character of the Hard Drive AS 1+2 Voice (PRE2 H07) is very dependent on Insertion Effects. You probably already have Insertion Effects turned on for eight Parts, which is the maximum for a Pattern. If so, the copied Part wouldn’t have those effects.

From Pattern Mode…
Press [MIXING] > [EDIT] > [COMMON EDIT] > [F5](Effect) > [SF2](InsSwitch)
See how many Parts have check marks in the boxes. It’s likely eight.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2015 @ 05:31 PM
DaveG38
Joined  01-01-2011

Well done. That’s sorted it. I’ve taken the effects off a drum track and enabled F16 and we’re off again. Brilliant. Well done. I’ll remember this in future.

Many thanks.

DaveG

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2015 @ 05:43 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
DaveG38 - 15 January 2015 05:31 PM

Well done. That’s sorted it. I’ve taken the effects off a drum track and enabled F16 and we’re off again. Brilliant. Well done. I’ll remember this in future.

Many thanks.

DaveG

You’re welcome - I’m glad that got things sounding right again.

[ Ignore ]