mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Convert .X0a to .X6A or Convert Motif XS to Motif XF"

Posted on: November 20, 2014 @ 01:13 PM
ringaren
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11-20-2014

Is it possible to store the performance information and all the sounds on a Motif XS to a USB device and open it on a Motif XF?  Do I need to convert the file or is it possible to open directly?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2014 @ 02:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

In order to provide accurate information, let’s first clarify which model(s) you’re writing about. It isn’t clear because a Motif XF “All” file has a .X3A file extension, while that for the MOXF is .X6A (in your topic).

So, is the model you want to move the XS data to a Motif XF, or is it an MOXF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2014 @ 12:22 PM
amgems22
Total Posts:  14
Joined  03-04-2012

I have the exact same question......I’m going from MOX to USB to MOXF.

Many of my saved USER PERFORMANCE patches did not transfer with same or similar Voices. ( Some did however).
None of my saved USER VOICES transferred over.

Any suggestions to convert the files from the .x4A in the MOX (which is in a folder NEWDIR1).
and transfer to the MOXF

Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2014 @ 02:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
amgems22 - 06 December 2014 12:22 PM

I have the exact same question......I’m going from MOX to USB to MOXF.

Your question might be somewhat related, but it doesn’t appear to be identical to the OP’s. In fact, it’s not clear what that question was, since ringaren never posted again.

amgems22 - 06 December 2014 12:22 PM

Many of my saved USER PERFORMANCE patches did not transfer with same or similar Voices. ( Some did however).
None of my saved USER VOICES transferred over.

Any suggestions to convert the files from the .x4A in the MOX (which is in a folder NEWDIR1).
and transfer to the MOXF

Thank you!

This isn’t an XS issue, but let’s see if we can determine what’s going on…

The MOXF has backward file compatibility with the MOX. If the .X4A ("All") file was properly saved, and correctly loaded to the MOXF, what you’ve described shouldn’t have happened - unless your MOXF has a very early version of the OS installed.

Let’s first verify which OS is installed. From the OS installation Readme:
How to check the version of your MOXF6/MOXF8

1. Press the [UTILITY] button, and then press the [JOB] button.
2. The following message will appear at the bottom of the display:
-------------------------------------
Boot: V*.** / Firm: V*.**.*
-------------------------------------
The unit’s version is indicated by “Firm: V*.**.*”.

The most recent MOXF OS is version 1.10 - which version is installed on your MOXF? If your MOXF’s OS isn’t current, you should update it.

Next, I’d like to verify that your .X4A file actually contains your User data. I wrote a program that will help with that, but it only runs under Windows. I checked, but your member profile doesn’t indicate which computer platform you’re using. Please complete that information in the profile. Assuming you have Windows, please see http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/472111/
Then install my program, run it on your .X4A file, and see if your User Voices are properly listed.

Get back to us on the above, and we’ll see if anything more is needed to get your data loaded into the MOXF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2014 @ 12:28 PM
amgems22
Total Posts:  14
Joined  03-04-2012

Updating the operating system worked beautifully. I was able to recover almost all my MOX data and transfer it to the MOXF.  A couple of saved User Performance patches were off by one click of cursor
changing the bank up.

Thanks to 5pinDIN and all who assisted with the problem.

Update your OS, people.  It’s essential.

and don’t forget......BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help with loading files
Next Topic:

Music Production with Motif - a new video ››