mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Getting Cubase to “Remember” Voices Automatically in Recorded Playback"

Posted on: November 27, 2014 @ 04:28 PM
Forrest88
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-15-2008

How can the MOXF and Cubase “sync” together to “Remember” Voices or Performance sounds in recorded and saved song/track in Playback?  I need this feature as in my work I often record a number of improvised songs continuously, one right after another and need to keep moving on without having to stop and write notes on the particular voice setting used in every song.

Example:  I record a track and store/save it as a file (or continue to record on same track with a follow up song with a “new voice.") So, I save the recording in Cubase as a file and turn off my hardware/software.  I come back later and open the “recorded song” and want it to open to and play the piece in the particular “voice previously recorded,” yet I find I have to remember what voice I used and then be sure the MOXF is set to that particular voice, otherwise it just plays the recording in whatever voice the MOXF is currently set to.

OK, bottom line - Is there a way via the Cubase Ai7 or one of the “Editors” (Stand Alone or VST) or other software set ups to remember and “automatically dial in the right voice as recorded originally” when the song is loaded?  In other words to just open the file and have it play the song in the right voice as recorded.  (PS - the onboard MOXF sequencer remembers the voice used when a song is stored automatically and plays this when loaded so how is this done with Cubase?)

THANKS for input.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2014 @ 04:44 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hi there

If you use the VST editor, it’ll save/load automatically with your Cubase project.
It’s worth reading the manuals first to get it to sync the right way but it’s not rocket science. ;-)

Have fun

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2014 @ 05:56 PM
Forrest88
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-15-2008

OK - makes sense, so I’ll do some reading and try it out - I appreciate your rapid response!

What else may come up as a follow up question is how to load all my voices/performances set up into the VST Editor so it directly reflects how I programmed my banks on the MOXF????  Might be a link or thread on this to pass along.  THANKS

I’ll try this first step as you’ve shared first, though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2014 @ 06:07 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hi again

Before starting with the editor, make sure you’ve backed up everything on the MOXF to USB!!

The editor itself will only hold the 16 parts currently loaded in the MOXF, but you can save these to separate files if you wish. Cubase will also remember what you had last time you saved the project.
It works very much like any VST plug-in really.

Read, make backup of MOXF and try it out! ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Firmware and Geeks ;)
Next Topic:

Routing 2nd Keyboard Thru MOXF Via Midi To Play Soft Synth ››