mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problems with Yamaha Steinber USB/audio driver"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 04:17 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
DHTech - 26 November 2014 03:46 PM

[...]the usb/vst audio side is still unusable, Cubase seems to struggle and the audio quality is terrible with noise glitchy sound.

There are a few possible causes, but see this
-- and --
http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
-- and --
http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 05:00 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

Thanks for the links 5pinDIN.  I think I completely forgot to install ASIO4ALL on my Win7 machine.  Ouch!  Unfortunately, at this point, my trial period has expired from when I originally installed Cubase on my Win7 machine.  Will I need to release the license on my Vista machine so I can use the license on the Win7 laptop just so I can try things out?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 06:20 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
SSquared - 26 November 2014 05:00 PM

Thanks for the links 5pinDIN.  I think I completely forgot to install ASIO4ALL on my Win7 machine.  Ouch!  Unfortunately, at this point, my trial period has expired from when I originally installed Cubase on my Win7 machine.  Will I need to release the license on my Vista machine so I can use the license on the Win7 laptop just so I can try things out?

You’re welcome, but…
The NI link has good general info on getting Windows 7 to be more audio-friendly, but not surprisingly it isn’t specific to the MOX/MOXF. Don’t install ASIO4ALL - here’s why:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/460452/

I’d suggest trying the two latency checking programs in the other links. Give each several minutes to run. They can help determine if audio glitches are being caused by computer tasks that are competing for processor time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 08:49 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

Thanks again for all the helpful info/links.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2014 @ 12:12 PM
DHTech
Total Posts:  62
Joined  11-20-2014

Well my MOXF with Cubase and the Yamaha Steinberg USA Audio driver has corrupted my computer, I’m currently reinstalling windows, Grrr.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2014 @ 12:19 PM
DHTech
Joined  11-20-2014

Interestingly even after a complete fresh install of windows 8.1 on a new hard drive and an update of the motherboard firmware the Steinberg audio driver still continues to cash my computer, not too sure what the issue is, I’ve used VST, ASIO with pro sound cards for years and never had a set of drivers that make the computer so unstable.

I’m at the point where I can’t use the vst part of the MOXF as I don’t want to go through the process of rebuilding my computer every time I try to record something.

My computer is no slouch, i5 (quad core 2.67Ghz) with 8gb of ram should be more than enough to process real time audio!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2014 @ 07:47 AM
DHTech
Joined  11-20-2014

I decided to install Win7 32bit on a different hard drive to use as a test. I disabled the sound card and network adapter, but I still have the same issue with the Yamaha/Steinberg driver blue screening my computer, the MOXF6 is listed in the device driver list with no problems, but as soon as I connect and try using the audio /vst feature it pops and click then within a few seconds BSOD! There is obviously some hardware incompatibility on my computer somewhere I guess!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2