mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mox6 and Cubase 7.5"

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 07:25 PM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

So I’m working with Cubase 7.5 but I’m using an audio interface not the usb interface that comes with the mox. The mox is plugged into the usb bus and works fine as far a midi goes.

So that means I have to have a track for the editor and a track so I can hear the audio?

That’s the only way I’ve been able to get it working so far.

It seems like it should do everything on one track…

Appreciate any help thanks

Also any tutorials on this, I’ve searched around in circles for a while now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 08:58 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Tacman7,

If your audio interface is your only means of hearing your MOX, then, yes, you will need to have an audio track set up to monitor the MOX so that you can hear it.

The traditional way of hearing a MOX or any other keyboard in your situation would be to have its analogue outputs cabled to a mixer with enough channels on it to take it and all your gear (including the audio interface).  You can hear everything that way.

Something like that is fine until you need to record the audio from your MOX, though.

If you went the traditional route, you would have the choice of either connecting the analogue outputs of the MOX to your audio interface (which would mean unplugging them from a mixer temporarily), or making your MOX the ‘in use’ interface to get the audio via USB any time you wish to record it.  You can plug it back again and set your external audio interface as the ‘in use’ interface in Cubase again afterwards.

Be aware that if you are using the MOX in song mode, you could be monitoring up to 16 simultaneous parts all on that one audio track, so when it comes to recording them separately, you’d need to mute parts off to isolate the one you want to record at the time OR if you were recording via USB, you’d need to designate parts to individual outputs.

The only drawback of the way you are currently set up is that if it really is your only means of hearing your MOX (without using headphones), then you need to have your computer and Cubase on any time just want to sit and play the MOX and tinker around.

Having a channel monitoring the audio from the MOX, as you are now, is as good a way as any and gives you the best of both worlds really.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2014 @ 11:37 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Thanks

Yea, I’m trying to understand the instrument track, just thought it should be one track.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mox8 working with Protools 11 vs Cubase
Next Topic:

Factory Reset Needed? ››