mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Seeking Practical Stage information for loading samples into a certain area"

Posted on: September 15, 2014 @ 04:39 AM
donsimpson12
Total Posts:  23
Joined  06-05-2011

Hello everyone,

This may seem like a very elementary question to most of you, but it’s something that I haven’t found in general reading yet.

We have a few motif’s in our band.  We have lots of user altered patches and performances. We user John’s editors, etc. We’ve purchased a few of the packs out there too. 80’s stuff, etc.. All good stuff.

I’d like to buy a one of the Piano sample sets out of the shop area, but it looks like the samples would load to a certain section.(user 3 banks, user 4 banks, whatever)

I want to load a sample at the beginning of the night to a certain section and leave it there all night. Then, as I need it I simply hit the correct patch.

I think it’s more about knowing how to load to a certain area so it doesn’t go over top of my other patches.

If you can point me in a direction to start reading or give me a little assistance, it would be great!! 

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2014 @ 06:41 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Since you posted in the XS forum, the following relates to that model. Some of it applies to other Motif models, some doesn’t.

Preset Voice data is stored in ROM. User Voice data gets loaded to Flash ROM, and is accessed via the User Banks. Sample data and Waveforms are loaded to SDRAM, which is volatile (the contents disappear when power is turned off). Some libraries include new samples, some don’t. See page 80 of the XS Owner’s Manual for a Memory Structure diagram.

To load a Bank of Voices to the XS without overwriting other data, see http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/how_to_load_a_bank_of_128_voices
Models other than the XS may have different procedures for loading individual Voice Banks.

General information on file loading begins on page 280 of the XS Owner’s Manual. If you want to load a single specific Voice to a particular location, that procedure is explained on pages 280-281.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2014 @ 07:02 AM
donsimpson12
Total Posts:  23
Joined  06-05-2011

Thank you so much !!!  I will start reading on those pages.
We have qty 3 Motif XS’s in the band.. So this will be perfect.

:-)
Don

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2014 @ 07:15 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
donsimpson12 - 15 September 2014 07:02 AM

Thank you so much !!!  I will start reading on those pages.
We have qty 3 Motif XS’s in the band.. So this will be perfect.

:-)
Don

You’re welcome. If you have specific questions after looking over the material, post again.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Headphones out only coming out the left side
Next Topic:

motif XS8 OS ››