mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Setup Yamaha MOX8 in Logic Pro X"

Posted on: September 10, 2014 @ 10:25 PM
heathj85
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-10-2014

Hello,

I am new to using the Yamaha MOX8 and I’ve only been using Logic Pro for about a year. I have installed the Steinberg Yamaha Mox8 Piano driver on my Macbook Pro running OSX. I am using the built-in USB audio interface on the back of the MOX8 to connect to my Macbook Pro. If I just wanted to use the software instruments in Logic, I can get that to work.

However, I would like to record the sounds on the MOX8, for example the first Perform loop called “Chilltronika.” [I know that you can do this with Cubase, but the version of Cubase that came with the keyboard does not run on OSX 10.10 Yosemite Beta (the to-be-released version of OSX).

So, back to Logic Pro X ... I cannot find instructions on how to setup Logic to use the sounds coming from the MOX8 and record them, if that is even possible.

Can anyone walk me through how to do this, or direct me to a website that does? I have been looking for almost three hours.

-- heathj85

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2014 @ 11:26 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi heathj85,

Welcome to Motifator

Here is an old thread that may be of use. 

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470105/

It’s for Logic 9 but it’s the same for X,

Yes, it is certainly possible, I covered recording audio as well as recording MIDI in it.

[ Ignore ]