mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS sound libraries on XF question"

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 05:47 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

I recently sold my Motif XS and just bought the White XF 40 year anniversary, I have some voice libraries that I had bought for my XS here on the shop and I want to know if its possible to load them to the XF ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 05:59 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Venatt - 20 August 2014 05:47 PM

I recently sold my Motif XS and just bought the White XF 40 year anniversary, I have some voice libraries that I had bought for my XS here on the shop and I want to know if its possible to load them to the XF ?

Yes, XS data is compatible with the XF. Do keep in mind that the XF has unique new Voices in User Bank 1 and the first eight User Drum Voices, so you might want to avoid overwriting them.

Also, if the libraries have samples greater than 128MB in total, your XF will need to have at least one optional flash module in order to load them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 06:09 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004
5pinDIN - 20 August 2014 05:59 PM
Venatt - 20 August 2014 05:47 PM

Yes, XS data is compatible with the XF. Do keep in mind that the XF has unique new Voices in User Bank 1 and the first eight User Drum Voices, so you might want to avoid overwriting them.

Also, if the libraries have samples greater than 128MB in total, your XF will need to have at least one optional flash module in order to load them.

I suppose I would load them into user 2, 3 or 4 so I don’t wipe out User 1 ?

Another question I have is, if there is I way to audition the sounds before loading them an choosing which ones I like and which one I want to load so that way I can combine different sounds from different libraries that are available out there from third parties etc ?  and also with my own samples ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 06:48 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Venatt - 20 August 2014 06:09 PM

I suppose I would load them into user 2, 3 or 4 so I don’t wipe out User 1 ?

Yes, Banks 2/3/4 are the ones with duplicates from the Presets.

Venatt -

Another question I have is, if there is I way to audition the sounds before loading them an choosing which ones I like and which one I want to load so that way I can combine different sounds from different libraries that are available out there from third parties etc ?  and also with my own samples ?

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xs_editor_auditioning_voices_from_files
Although the article is written about the XS Editor, it mostly applies to the XF as well. The XF Editor (like the XS Editor) is a free download.

This thread might be helpful:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/463513/

You can audition your own samples from a USB drive if they’re in the proper WAV or AIFF format:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/451575/

[ Ignore ]