mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX, Ipad and computer integration"

Posted on: July 30, 2014 @ 02:08 PM
geraldus
Total Posts:  11
Joined  10-01-2011

Hi! simple question, how do you use the Apple Ipad voice editor app with the MOX while using the MOX as the Audio/midi interface for your computer.

to rephrase the question.

how do you edit Mox voices using an Ipad while enabling your Mox to record midi as a plugin instrument and record audio using MOX with a computer.

do i need to buy an Audio/midi interface to do this?

Of course I can always use the Yamaha voice editor for windows, but it will be tremendously helpful to have the Ipad as the editor

Please keep in mind, I have the old and forgotten MOX not the MOXF

I am a total newbie, so anything you write will be helpful

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2014 @ 10:25 PM
royalmusik
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-30-2014
geraldus - 30 July 2014 02:08 PM

Hi! simple question, how do you use the Apple Ipad voice editor app with the MOX while using the MOX as the Audio/midi interface for your computer.

to rephrase the question.

how do you edit Mox voices using an Ipad while enabling your Mox to record midi as a plugin instrument and record audio using MOX with a computer.

do i need to buy an Audio/midi interface to do this?

Of course I can always use the Yamaha voice editor for windows, but it will be tremendously helpful to have the Ipad as the editor

Please keep in mind, I have the old and forgotten MOX not the MOXF

I am a total newbie, so anything you write will be helpful

I am a newbie also. Just got my MOX yesterday and I love it. Had to get something portable and it was a heck of a deal. MOX & MOXF operate in the exact same manner aside from the additional polyphony, sampling, expandable ram, & larger soundset. Here’s the low down on the MOX setup:

- Yes, using the iPad with the MOX requires a midi to usb interface(any interface should work, mini is an old one) because the MOX sends audio over usb in addition to midi and requires drivers, there the usb port on the MOX will not work connecting to the iPad. So your interface will connect to the midi ports of the MOX. Also you must connect both the in and out of the midi interface because there will be a need to send and receive midi signals.

-Go to utility>MIDI (F6)>chnge MIDI In/Out to MIDI

This will allow you to use the MOX as an audio interface with the computer and midi interface with the iPad. When using MOX as midi interface with computer, just toggle that last step back to USB with the quick push of a button.

Hope this helps

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2014 @ 01:13 PM
geraldus
Total Posts:  11
Joined  10-01-2011

Thanks for the response

Well I do want to use them at the same time:
the Ipad editor and the Mox as a VST.

unfortunately the last update of the Mox Firmware was in 2012,
Yamaha completely abandoned us. The features that includes draw bar organ using the knobs that can be done on the MOXF did not transfer to the MOX. Maybe i should just update my MOX with the MOXF Firmware, and screw it if I brick my MOX, Lol!

Anyway, there is one good reason why my Mox is stil a bargain when I bought it 3 years ago, aside from its very gorgeous HD color LCD capacitive touch screen. it has 7,000 musicians called arps willing to play with me whenever my band abandon me because I smell.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Drumk kits in MOX 6
Next Topic:

Newbie to everything. Cubase/record question ››