mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Next generation MOTIF"

Page 4 of 5
Posted on: July 16, 2014 @ 05:23 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

Hi,

Finally… A new, redesigned Yamahasynth website !

Looks much better, and more exciting to visit than the older one ;-)

New Yamahasynth website !

Now ... If they just release the True Next Generation Workstation, or an Awesome New Synth at Summer NAMM I will be Celebrate !

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2014 @ 06:30 AM
DZ101
Total Posts:  22
Joined  11-03-2003

Yamaha has made some very fine synths in these past 40 years, from the beautiful huge CS80 to the VL1, not to mention a successful line of workstations which evolved to the Motif XF, so that is certainly something worth celebrating indeed.
And it would be great if this celebration would mark the occasion of the release of an adventurous new synth/workstation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2014 @ 07:28 AM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011
DZ101 - 17 July 2014 06:30 AM

Yamaha has made some very fine synths in these past 40 years, from the beautiful huge CS80 to the VL1, not to mention a successful line of workstations which evolved to the Motif XF, so that is certainly something worth celebrating indeed.
And it would be great if this celebration would mark the occasion of the release of an adventurous new synth/workstation.

Hooray!  DZ101!  Thank you for your positiveness! It’s healthy.

I agree, and would agree more,
... if they hadn’t recently released,
the MOXF Series, and
Updated the XF’s Firmware to v1.5 WITH New Voices,
and

The first of the XF series came on the market in 2010, I think. ?
I love mine and am surprised that I found it only when it was in it’s second year… as I’m usually ‘late to the party’ :-)
(please correct me if wrong)

For those that don’t have an XF yet, NOW IS A PRETTY GOOD TIME!
....with the bundle offered that seems to be larger than the last one
that included Chick’s Mark V samples.

GO FOR IT!!  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2014 @ 12:03 PM
abdol
Total Posts:  318
Joined  05-30-2012

The whois.com says the owner of yamahasynth.com is:
Yamaha Music Interactive Inc.

So if this is the real Yamaha then the red synth looks like none of the current Yamaha products…

Image Attachments
144aba6c568fde2fce1a77afef2ebf5c_L.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2014 @ 12:31 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004
abdol - 17 July 2014 12:03 PM

So if this is the real Yamaha then the red synth looks like none of the current Yamaha products…

What the hell is that ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2014 @ 01:02 PM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002

This image is actually an Apple AppStore logo for the Yamaha Mobile Music Sequencer app.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/apps/mobile_sequencer/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobile-music-sequencer-us/id580022906

It’s a computer-generated image of a workstation synth in a radical red color, featuring a 12.72” ;) touchscreen and control button layout that looks distinctively Yamaha, but has some physical controls for a chord-based “phrase” sequencer in place of the traditional jog dial/cursor keys. Its display shows an altered screenshot of the “phrase view” from the pattern sequencer mode of the above app.

This enlarged hi-res version was taken from Athan’s blog post on the recently re-launched Yamahasynth.com, which concludes with

“look to us to be active on the site with polls and discussions about the future of Yamaha synths.”

https://www.yamahasynth.com/component/k2/item/324-voice-of-customer-and-product-planning

Athan Billias, aka Yamaha_US on this forum, is the director of strategic product planning at Yamaha Corporation of America and “a liaison between the market needs of YCA and product development at Yamaha Corporation, Japan”.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11504492.htm
https://www.linkedin.com/in/athanbillias

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2014 @ 03:00 PM
abdol
Joined  05-30-2012
Venatt - 17 July 2014 12:31 PM

What the hell is that ?

I have no clue but looks like a new product since it’s the official website and I doubt they’d put imaginary images there just saying.

And I hope the new synth is way above Tyros5 both soundwise and technology wise.
VSTi integration is still a dream…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2014 @ 03:18 PM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002

As I said in the post above, it’s a real product called Yamaha Mobile Music Sequencer app for the iPhone/iPad, but unfortunately the red synthesizer pictured in its app logo is not real, and VSTi integration is not included and will never be… not even in the Cubasis Music Production System app.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2014 @ 04:48 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

It seems like Yamaha has run out of ideas and doesn’t have the technology or capability to come up with something new. Korg seems to be quite ahead of Yamaha.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2014 @ 12:36 AM
djnoah
Total Posts:  42
Joined  05-05-2008
abdol - 17 July 2014 03:00 PM
Venatt - 17 July 2014 12:31 PM

What the hell is that ?

I have no clue but looks like a new product since it’s the official website and I doubt they’d put imaginary images there just saying.

And I hope the new synth is way above Tyros5 both soundwise and technology wise.
VSTi integration is still a dream…

Beating a tyros in orgnic sounds and presets is far fetched..synth sounds yes it will kill anything.I have moxf and a tyros. trust me i dont mind dragging 16 Kg..just for the sake of the trumpets..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2014 @ 12:39 AM
djnoah
Joined  05-05-2008
VikasSharma - 16 February 2014 08:29 PM

Yamaha will release a new version of the Motif this time - called Motif XF WH.

Hats off Vikas! people made fun of you .. now you gave a facepalm to all.. Keep rocking

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2014 @ 01:02 AM
djnoah
Joined  05-05-2008

Guys Sorry for spamming..

http://sg.yamaha.com/en/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/synthesizers/sy-motif_xf_wh/motif_xf6_wh/?mode=model

i see no difference in specs.. same no of waveforms?.. so they make it up buy throwing in a free 512 Mb? and giving free usbs? or is there gona be a Pre10 in voice banks?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2014 @ 04:20 AM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002
Venatt - 17 July 2014 04:48 PM

It seems like Yamaha has run out of ideas and doesn’t have the technology or capability to come up with something new. Korg seems to be quite ahead of Yamaha.

Don’t worry, YAMAHA has not run out of bad ideas ;-) The White Motif XF is just a taste of what’s coming.

The Red Motif XF will be released next !  I’m sure it will sound much better than black or white, Red is the real deal Total Excitement !!!  (Hahaha...)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2014 @ 11:45 AM
abdol
Joined  05-30-2012
djnoah - 18 July 2014 12:39 AM
VikasSharma - 16 February 2014 08:29 PM

Yamaha will release a new version of the Motif this time - called Motif XF WH.

Hats off Vikas! people made fun of you .. now you gave a facepalm to all.. Keep rocking

Just to let you know and to be honest for the moment this is as far as Yamaha’s innovation can go: A white color MOTIF XF!

In addition to that always talk about yourself and don’t think that you’re everyone… no offense just saying…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2014 @ 04:37 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

edited for sanity :)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 4 of 5

Previous Topic:

‹‹ RIP Music!
Next Topic:

ARP Odyssey to be re-released ››