mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mox key issue with the G# and A keys."

Posted on: June 29, 2014 @ 12:04 AM
ccallahan
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-14-2012

I am having an issue with all of the G# and A keys of my MOX8. When i try to play a grace note between these two notes the note that I play second is loud as if I had it on fixed velocity (which I don’t). In a little experiment I held down a G# note and played the A while holding the G# and the A was really loud and then when I continued to press it while holding the G# the A would no longer make a sound until I released the G#. It also works in reverse (If I press and hold the A then the G# make the loud note and then nothing when A is held. All of the G#’s and A’s on the entire board are like this and it doesn’t happen for any other notes. Does anybody have a fix or suggestion for my problem. I appreciate your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2014 @ 09:48 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You should contact an authorized Yamaha Service center as that sounds serious. Be prepared with a bit more information before you take it in. You don’t mention any specific Voice or if it is doing this on all Voices. You don’t mention a specific mode or if it is doing this in all modes. You also don’t mention if you are connected to anything else or if you have done a FACTORY SET to reset your instrument.

http://usa.yamaha.com/dealers/service_locator/

The MOX is a “Music Production Tool”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2014 @ 10:06 AM
abdol
Total Posts:  318
Joined  05-30-2012

time to change the rubber contact key switches. If your keyboard is not under warranty anymore it’s an absolutely simple thing to do. Just remove the busted plastic switches and it becomes like it used to be.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2014 @ 04:00 PM
ccallahan
Joined  01-14-2012

Thanks Bad Mister and Abdol. Just to give you little bit more background information, I did do a factory reset. This behavior was happening for all modes. It was also happening in all voices. Yesterday I played it at church and did not have the same problem. I will check into both of your suggestions and get back to you if I need more help. I greatly appreciate you responding to my post. If you have any further suggestions please feel free to post to again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2014 @ 11:51 AM
ccallahan
Joined  01-14-2012

Thanks again for responding to my post. It seems my problem is humidity. The mox only seems to show the afore mentioned behavior on hot and humid days. The behavior went away when I took the board to church which is a dry cool environment.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Expanding Tones of MOX
Next Topic:

Running WinXP SP3 Cubase AI 6 -- Which VST version? ››