mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Request for LARGE DISPLAY of program number and name request while in Master Mode for gigging musician on dimly lit stages"

Posted on: April 15, 2014 @ 03:43 PM
mitchmox
Total Posts:  8
Joined  11-30-2009

Hey Yamaha,

Can we please get an OS upgrade which provides a screen display option in Master Mode which enlarges the program number and name. I surely can’t be the only one who is having a really hard time seeing the very small program number and program name while on stage.
While the ES did not have this feature, the default size of the program number text in Master mode was readable.
This seems like a no-brainer.

Loving the board in every other way!

-Mitch

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2014 @ 07:33 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
mitchmox - 15 April 2014 03:43 PM

Hey Yamaha,

Can we please get an OS upgrade which provides a screen display option in Master Mode which enlarges the program number and name. I surely can’t be the only one who is having a really hard time seeing the very small program number and program name while on stage.
While the ES did not have this feature, the default size of the program number text in Master mode was readable.
This seems like a no-brainer.

Loving the board in every other way!

-Mitch

Wont be possible. The “font size”
cannot be changed with an OS upgrade,
as it is a limitation of the hardware ( the
LCD display itself).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2014 @ 01:50 AM
felipens1761
Total Posts:  5
Joined  05-25-2014

¨The “font size”
cannot be changed with an OS upgrade,
as it is a limitation of the hardware ( the
LCD display itself). “

That´s not true, in graphic displays like the MOXF´s one, any font can be displayed since they´re bitmapped and stored in memory. If the firmware (the internal software that controls the MOXF) is updated to display a different font, or different size, the screen will do it proper.

I´m a hardware designer myself and have worked with those kind of displays several times, controlled via MCU chip.

An interesting request would be some sort of windowed list when selecting waveforms, there´s thousands of them and selecting one at a time (even with the fast dial) is time-consuming and obsolete. It´s purely a software update, easy to implement for the system programmers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2014 @ 07:55 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

We’ll take this as a legitimate request.

Just FYI: such a mode is available on the S90 XS/S70 XS where by holding a combination of buttons you can select what is referred to as a SIMPLE DISPLAY which does nothing but make the Name and Number of the Program larger (easier to see) so never say never. And with this type of screen they can even have it animate… The S-series can scroll the Name or not, your choice.

As with all requests, there is no guarantee that it will happen. There are many things that must take place for a firmware update to happen, but there is certainly no harm in asking.

(In the meantime, I’ll just point out there are 20 Characters for the MASTER program Name parameter, and the GROUP [A]-[H] and PROGRAM buttons [1]-[16] light to indicate location of the currently selected Master).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Vintage Keys Voice Library
Next Topic:

MOXF6 key action ››