mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "VIntage Keys"

Posted on: April 13, 2014 @ 09:07 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

This may be a Dave P. question but perhaps you guys know as well.

I just picked up a used XS.  All my libraries purchased have been for my XF.  I do have the Melas tools for XS...John indicated i can convert XF files to XS through the XS Total Librarian.

Its worked (so far).....here’s a glitch (or operator error)

I want just the Vox Continental Organ from Vintage Keys.  Using melas, each time i “send to buffer” i get no sound from the board and when i tried just loading the Vintage Key bank into the XS, many sounds worked, but some didn’t, including the Vox Continental.

There are not samples involved, are there?  Its a relatively small file.

any help appreciated.

UPDATE:  In my XF, I examined the elements for said Voice above.  Waveform 0411 VOV continental.

This waveform must be indigenous to the XF because it is not in the Motif XS.  Perhaps this voice uses a combination of XS waveforms in the XS Vintage Key pack, or maybe that voice is not there.  Unless I can access the preset waveform (which I can’t ) I do without the fox organ sound, or create my own.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2014 @ 11:41 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Your thinking us correct. The XF version
of Vintage Keys includes a number of voices
that use new waveforms only found in the
XF (such as the Vox Continental, and the
clavinets).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2014 @ 07:41 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 13 April 2014 09:07 PM

UPDATE:  In my XF, I examined the elements for said Voice above.  Waveform 0411 VOV continental.

This waveform must be indigenous to the XF because it is not in the Motif XS.  Perhaps this voice uses a combination of XS waveforms in the XS Vintage Key pack, or maybe that voice is not there.  Unless I can access the preset waveform (which I can’t ) I do without the fox organ sound, or create my own.

Yes, XF Waveform 411 (Vx Drawbar1-3) isn’t in the XS. If you need that kind of information, you could refer to the Waveform and Arp translation tables I previously created.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/460385/
--and--
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/460403/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2014 @ 09:36 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Thnks to you both and appreciate the links.....i didnt recognize a need to view them before....now that i have to similar (yet different) boards, it’ll be handy

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2014 @ 02:23 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 14 April 2014 09:36 AM

appreciate the links.....i didnt recognize a need to view them before....now that i have to similar (yet different) boards, it’ll be handy

You’re welcome. Like a lot of other things, those tables aren’t useful until you have a need for them.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ the reason why ibuy a yamaha motif
Next Topic:

XS and new sounds ››