mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Question for serious keyboardists who stand when they gig"

Posted on: May 15, 2022 @ 06:03 PM
djfl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  03-24-2015

I have a Yamaha Motif XF8. I stand when I gig and have for years. I’m starting to experience hand cramping on the bottom outside of my hands at gigs now (the big fleshy area below the baby finger). I believe that part of this may be due to the constant 45-ish degree wrist bend required by playing while standing. I don’t want to sit if I don’t have to since standing contributes so much more to the energy transfer dynamic between musician and crowd.

If I’m right, then I could use any good input serious current or ex standing keyboardists may have. I’m considering perhaps buying a tilting keyboard stand that will hold the 65-ish lb XF8. Can anybody suggest a tilting stand that will work? Hopefully for not too much money?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 05, 2022 @ 02:09 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

I’ve tried various ‘tilted’ keyboard racks in the past but found the level placement the best over long term use.  Yamaha has a couple of teaching videos specific to piano playing and proper alignment at https://www.yamaha.com/en/musical_instrument_guide/piano/play/play002.html

I also have a 2 tier stand I haven’t used in years, but it served me well when I’d play out and stand for some tunes and sit for others. I was able to quickly adjust the upper tier between 18-24” above the sitting position. 

Good luck

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOTIF XF SONG Files for Piano/Keyboard Styles
Next Topic:

80’s pop rock volume one ››