mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help!  Hit SAVE and “Now Working…” is over 2 hours!"

Posted on: October 07, 2021 @ 02:45 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I assume I accidentally forgot to uncheck one of the With Waveform or With Sample boxes. So I waited cause I knew it might be 20 minutes. After an hour I decided to hit Exit just to see what might happen. Nothing happened except the message which is Now Working.

It’s been over TWO HOURS now and I’m pretty sure there’s nothing proper happening inside. 

I’m afraid to do anything like turn the synth off for fear of losing data currently on my thumbdrive.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2021 @ 02:29 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

A happy ending. The message remained all night. I called Yamaha tech support in California and a technician came on the line almost immediately, so I was pleased.

I explained the situation and he suggested I simply power down cause the synth was obviously stuck. I decided to pull my thumbdrive first. Removing it didn’t cause any change in the synth, but that was a good sign, meaning whatever it was stuck on, my thumbdrive was not involved.

I then turned off the synth and turned it back on and everything is fine. The flash memory seemed to be exactly as it had been. So all’s well.

[ Ignore ]