mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Selling XF7 needing suggestions"

Posted on: September 22, 2021 @ 04:54 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Greetings

After years of studio use and a move, I am going to list my board somewhere, but because of its size, weight, etc, shipping may be prohibitive cost-wise.  It’s in mint condition, never gigged out, has 1gb flash expansion card, FireWire card installed, hard shell gator case with wheels, over 25 sound libraries, four motif Movies and training videos. 

Living in a fairly rural part of Louisiana makes a local sale unlikely.  Wondering how some of you may have tackled a similar ‘problem’ in the past

Many thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2021 @ 03:39 PM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

May I ask why you are getting rid of it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2021 @ 10:05 PM
richie1027
Joined  10-14-2008

Most of my home recording I now do with FL Studio and some amazing plugins.  When I gives in several bands, I used an CF6, Korg m50 and a Roland.  At 68, I no longer play out, and if I were asked to sit in, I’d use my Roland vr-09.  Lightweight and decent sounds. 
That’s it in a nutshell.  What you didn’t see listed here we’re PA systems, audio interfaces, amps, line 6 wireless systems and much more that I sold either locally or thru reverb.  I don’t want to leave all this to my wife to move once I pass on, morbid as that may sound. 

Too much information? 

Thx for asking tho....valid question

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2021 @ 10:14 AM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

I know what you mean.  I am 71, but still like to tinker with the XF7 and am not playing out anymore.  Too much work, haha.  I still have a lot to learn and probably won’t get a chance to really scratch the surface of this machine, but it keeps me out of trouble...I like to reminisce and try playing along with the songs I always wanted to learn way back when, now I have the time, so to speak.

Good luck in selling it.  Someone should be lucky to buy your XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2021 @ 07:33 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011

Hi, Richie,

I sold my XF7 for $1700 on eBay when I bought my Montage. The sale worked out OK. I shipped the XF7 in the box from the Montage.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2021 @ 12:01 AM
richie1027
Joined  10-14-2008

Thank you Michael. I’m looking at both eBay and reverb.com.

Puzzling though, is my increasing reticence to sell it.  I’ve gotten private messages with substance that makes me question my actions to sell. 
I value your input as I have your posts and experience over the years.  Ahhh.  The befuddled ramblings of an old rocker. 
Time for contemplation.  No urgency at this point.  Perhaps I’ll revisit some of the many unfinished inspirations I’ve saved on usb sticks. 

Until the pharmaceutical companies come up with a cognitive enhancer, I’ll postpone my impulse to sell. 
Disclaimer:  subject to change.

Take care Michael.  I may be asking you for XF specific advice in the future

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2021 @ 02:25 AM
Michael Trigoboff
Joined  09-05-2011

Richie,

I’m not on here very often. If you reply on this thread, though, I’ll get an email, and I’ll be happy to try to help.

Not sure how much XF I remember, though.

I’d be curious to hear what folks said to you that convinced you to keep the FX.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2021 @ 12:11 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Joined  09-05-2011

Or or you could send me email: mtrigoboff (-a-t-) comcast.net

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2021 @ 02:17 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Anything you’d like to discuss re: keeping vs selling it?

[ Ignore ]