mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Voice Editor and Win10/64 - won´t work"

Posted on: March 31, 2021 @ 03:45 PM
Kaffimusic
Total Posts:  8
Joined  02-16-2011

Hello,
maybe someone can help me. I am trying to run the voice editor 1.1.1 on my Win10/64 machine. but it won´t start. First I tried to install the old USB-drivers, but Win aborted them for “too old”. I tried again with a newer version (um3141x64), wich installed.
I also have the studio manager, but the editor won´t start.
Am I doing something wrong or will it not run anyway on the system?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2021 @ 02:38 PM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  164
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi Kaffimusic,

The USB-MIDI driver (um3141x64) is the most recent version, as far as I know. It is the appropriate one for your OS, and also backwards compatible with all earlier Yamaha instruments equipped with a USB port for MIDI.

The Voice Editor is very old, though, and is probably not playing along nicely with a Win10 operating system. Many of the old editors I use have problems e.g. locating any of the installed MIDI drivers on a modern OS, just to name one issue. The following is usually a reliable fix:

- Uninstall the Voice Editor and reboot if asked.
- Right-click the Voice Editor installer file (setup.exe).
- Select “Properties”
- Click the “Compatibility” tab.
- Check the box that says “Run this program in compatibility mode for...”
- Select “Windows XP (Service Pack 3)” from the drop-down list.
- Check the box that says “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Click “Apply” and “OK”.
- Run the installer again.

Let me know if this fixes your problem! :)

If not, and you have Studio Manager x64 installed, you might want to try installing the 32-bit version instead.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2021 @ 04:15 PM
Kaffimusic
Joined  02-16-2011

Thanks a lot for your answer - I figured it out on my own 10min. ago. The trick was to start it as Admin. No re-install or compatibility mode necessary. Though this might stop me from being forced to open it up everytime that way.
As far as I can see it´s running independently from the “studio-manager” software. The manuals are not really clear about that.
Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2021 @ 03:49 PM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  164
Joined  10-30-2011

Good to hear! :)

The OPT-compatible Yamaha editors can run both standalone and as Studio Manager/OPT plugins. If you’re able to set up the desired MIDI devices when running the Editor standalone, you’re probably good to go!

The Studio Manager is really only useful if you have several compatible instruments hooked up; the idea being that you would open all the editors there, dump the memory and settings from each instrument to the computer and save them all in one Studio Manager file. You would then be able to “recall” these settings pretty much in a single operation. The older Yamaha plugins didn’t support the Recall feature, though, so you would still have to do a bit of manual housekeeping for those.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2021 @ 03:58 AM
Kaffimusic
Joined  02-16-2011

This is the first time someone explained the sense of the manager to me, thx. But I also admit I was not so interested in that, used the Motif only for live playing back then. Interestingly, I could not make the editor show up in the managers window. I also have a Motif Es, it’s editor is visible in the manager. But I don’t mind, all I want it to do is saving and loading sound Banks, and maybe speeding up programming, since I like to try some stuff.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How do I connect my Classic Motif 6 to a slave USB keyboard?
Next Topic:

Arpeggio Issue ››