mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "USB flash drive with motif XF. CAPACITY LIMIT"

Posted on: April 02, 2023 @ 01:18 PM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

Please is there a limit to what capacity or size usb drive the motif xf can recognize? It doesn’t seem to recognize some of the high capacity I’ve used. But it works with the lower storage capacity ones. What’s the limit if there is one. Thanks anyone.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2023 @ 09:43 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Hi There! 
As silly as it sounds, we’ve found the smaller the better when it comes to USB sticks and the Motif line of keyboards. Most 2GB, 4GB and possibly 8GB will work.  We’ll attach the official Yamaha list of approved USB brand sticks, which do show higher capacity.  We offer the 2GB & 4GB on our site if you need one in a pinch!

- The Lady Behind the Desk @ Motifator

File Attachments
DE_en_MOTIFXSXF.pdf  (File Size: 307KB - Downloads: 124)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2023 @ 10:56 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Thank you.
So based on the list of memory sticks you provided me it looks like 64Gb is the highest capacity the motif line of workstations ca recognize. I scrolled through the entire list and didn’t see anything above 64. Is it correct to draw this conclusion?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2023 @ 01:05 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

We would agree with that conclusion as well.  Keep in mind any version of the Motif before the XS will have much less USB storage capabilities.  This information would only be relevant to the Motif XS and XF. 

- The Lady Behind the Desk @ Motifator

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2023 @ 12:26 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Much appreciated. Thanks for your assistance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 16, 2023 @ 11:45 AM
Jim Shoe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  06-18-2014

Hello again Motifator!
I haven’t written in quite a while, but I saw this and wanted to add my experience with this.
I’ve been using a 128 GB Cruzer Glide memory stick for years (and a 64 GB) and it has worked flawlessly.  The nice thing about using 128 GB is that I have all of my libraries, sequences, modified voices, etc. on there in one place.  Even the manuals and articles!
Of course, I back everything up on several other devices, but I use this stick in my Motif XF8 all of the time with no issues.
I’ve never run into this smaller size issue.
If you only rely on that stick and don’t back things up, I can see that as a problem as you’d lose everything, but just as the saying goes, “Back up early and often!”.
I hope this helps.
And as I have always said on my personal soap box, I wish that Yamaha would continue to produce workstations like the XF instead of relying on people having a computer hooked up with a DAW.  Having the sequencer built in is so darn convenient.  All in one.  Modify all you want on the computer, but if all you have to take to a gig is your keyboard, bravo!
Peace.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2023 @ 07:51 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Yes, motif line of workstations are amazing to say the least. Especially the xf. I couldn’t live without it. There is montage after that but I don’t know too much about it. Still digging further into these bad boys. Thanks ?.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Xf does not update firmware
Next Topic:

ZONE Control help ››