mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "wait for note to play to start recording?"

Posted on: January 30, 2023 @ 05:57 PM
gminorcoles
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-30-2023

Hi,
I have a motif XF coming my way and I would like to know if it can record midi a certain way. My old Fantom G and my newer Fantom will pause recoding until you hit a note, and only at that time will recording start.

I find this very convenient for punching in and starting a measure cleanly on the one.

I hope this is possible with the Motif.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2023 @ 05:49 AM
frdgb
Total Posts:  23
Joined  05-14-2018

yes. in record mode you can determine whether to begin when playing the first note or delay for number of measures with the click.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2023 @ 07:43 AM
gminorcoles
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-30-2023

thank you so much for that information. I will check that feature out when my motif arrives. I looked at the manual and didn’t see this feature documented - do you know if it is mentioned in the manual?

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2023 @ 12:41 PM
hobbit
Total Posts:  65
Joined  06-18-2008
frdgb - 31 January 2023 05:49 AM

yes. in record mode you can determine whether to begin when playing the first note or delay for number of measures with the click.

I’m not quite sure if this is correct. The function “Keyboard Start” is only documented for Pattern Playback (Reference Manual, page 168, number 8) and I don’t find it in my XF in Song Mode.

Regards, hobbit

[ Ignore ]