mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF Sysex Commands"

Posted on: May 17, 2022 @ 09:20 AM
tuna
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-30-2019

Can anyone tell me if the A/D Input on/off switch is controllable by sysex?

If so, what is the hex code?

I can’t find anything in the Data Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2022 @ 04:04 AM
tuna
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-30-2019

Apparently the A/D Input on/off switch does not generate a MIDI command and is not directly controllable by an external device. Same thing for the gain knob.

However, the MOXF Utility > F5 > USB I/O does generate MIDI and is controllable by external device.

I discovered this by using the MIDIView app to check for generated MIDI messages on MOXF port 4.

At first MIDIView showed nothing and then I realized that I had the MOXF set up to send MIDI via the MIDI DIN, so I switched this to USB to direct the signal to my Mac and MIDIView (duh...)

Changing the USB I/O setting from on to off generates the following hex:

F0 43 10 7F 1C 01 00 00 0F 00 F7 to turn the I/O off
F0 43 10 7F 1C 01 00 00 0F 00 F7 to turn the I/O on

The 01 in bold is incorrect for some reason and must be changed to 00 (is this the device ID?)

The correct strings are:

F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 00 00 0F 00 F7 to turn the I/O off
F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 00 00 0F 00 F7 to turn the I/O on

The Sipario automatically sends the F0 prefix and F7 suffix for sysex commands so all you need is the middle part of the string.

Basically, I have to create 2 maps (AKA zones), on the Sipario. The first map chooses the voice bank and sends a sysex string to set MOXF local control on or off. The 2nd map has duplicate MSB/LSB/Program changes and sends the sysex string to turn the USB I/O on or off.

Voila, now I can tap a performance on the Sipario to play the MOXF Wurly and tap another Sipario performance to use the MOXF to play my Reface YC and vice versa.

FWIW, my connections between the Sipario, MOXF and Reface are:

Sipario MIDI out > MOXF
MOXF MIDI out > Reface

Screenshots of the MOXF & Sipario are attached.

MIDI Newbie out…

Image Attachments
MOXF.jpeg
Sipario.jpeg
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Adding Vibrato to an EP sound for NIght Moves
Next Topic:

Left Channel suddenly not working ››