mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to apply controls to insertion effects used with A/D input?"

Posted on: February 12, 2021 @ 11:09 PM
jstevewood
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-02-2016

I am trying to apply control to insertion effects applied to the A/D input and can’t find a way to do this.  For example, I would like to apply a rotary speaker effect to the A/D input.  From Utility in either Performance or Voice mode, I can successfully apply the rotary speaker effect to A/D input in slow speaker speed only.  However, I cannot change the speed.  In following the example of any number of Organ voices, I believe that I should adjust a Control Set to control the speed of the speaker.  I can’t find a Control Set that attaches to the A/D input.

How can I achieve this function?

Thanks for your help,

JSW

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2021 @ 01:22 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

jstevewood - 12 February 2021 11:09 PM

I am trying to apply control to insertion effects applied to the A/D input and can’t find a way to do this. For example, I would like to apply a rotary speaker effect to the A/D input.

OK.

jstevewood -

From Utility in either Performance or Voice mode, I can successfully apply the rotary speaker effect to A/D input in slow speaker speed only.

That’s not quite accurate. From Utility mode you can indeed select Insert Effects for the A/D Input which will apply to all Voices. For Performances, however, the selection is made on a per-Performance basis.

jstevewood -

However, I cannot change the speed.

Speed Control is one of several Parameters that can be set when you set up the A/D Insert Effects. The choice is either “slow” or “fast”.

jstevewood -

In following the example of any number of Organ voices, I believe that I should adjust a Control Set to control the speed of the speaker.  I can’t find a Control Set that attaches to the A/D input.

How can I achieve this function?

As you’ve already determined, controllers can’t be assigned to Insert Effect Parameters for the A/D Input. There are two possible ways to change the Rotary Speaker speed. One is to keep the display on the page showing the Insert Effect parameters, with “Speed Control” highlighted, and change the setting when desired.

Another approach…
If you have a way to send SysEx messages, in Performance or Song/Pattern modes (but not Voice mode) A/D Effect Parameters can be controlled.

In Performance mode, for Insert Effect A “Rotary Speaker"…
F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 30 03 22 00 00 F7 selects “slow”
F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 30 03 22 00 01 F7 selects “fast”

In Song or Pattern modes, for Insert Effect A “Rotary Speaker"…
F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 36 03 22 00 00 F7 selects “slow”
F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 36 03 22 00 01 F7 selects “fast”

If the Rotary Speaker is Insert Effect B instead, change the eighth byte in those messages from “03” to “04”.

By the way, the information for creating the above SysEx came from the MOXF Data List.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2021 @ 02:25 AM
jstevewood
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-02-2016

Got it.

Not sure that I want to get into the SysEx method just yet. 

Thanks for the quick answer!

JSW

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2021 @ 02:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jstevewood - 14 February 2021 02:25 AM

Got it.

Not sure that I want to get into the SysEx method just yet. 

Thanks for the quick answer!

JSW

You’re welcome! If you later decide to pursue using SysEx for the purpose, we can discuss it further.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2022 @ 07:01 AM
daniele.biagini
Total Posts:  1
Joined  01-16-2022

G R E A T!!!!!!!!!

[ Ignore ]