mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Could someone record some demos for the GPO Lite?"

Posted on: December 02, 2021 @ 01:26 PM
Xeraser
Total Posts:  38
Joined  01-28-2021

It’s been.. years, hasn’t it? The price is pretty steep but I *am* interested in it. Would be nice to get a few demos or even videos showcasing some voices/performances and some of the AF1/2 articulations et all.

I know it’s “just” a Lite version of GPO 4 but I can’t find any decent demos of *that* either.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2021 @ 03:22 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013

What do you want to know about it?

Any instruments in particular?

The Garritan for the Motif comes with a lot of instruments.

I have them for the Motif, IMO they are top notch.  IMO they were well worth the money.  When combining the Garritan samples with the built in orchestral samples that are already in the Motif, you end up with a pretty complete sound palette.

Also, the articulations of the samples are only as good as the musician using them., you have to know when and how to apply articulations/dynamics on an instrument by instrument basis.  e.g
Dynamics/Articulations for Bassoon, Oboe, Harpsichord, are different than Dyanmics/Articulations for French Horn, Saxophone, or Viola, etc.

The samples are all high quality, and using Motif’s XA CNTRL, CTLSET modulation matrix, and Controller ARPS, most of the basic orchestral articulations/dynamics can be achieved with GPO lite.

In addition to that, the AWM2 Synth and sound editing capabilities can be used to fill in any gaps in timbre you might encounter.

The real question is what instruments and articulations are you specifically interested in?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2022 @ 03:58 PM
Xeraser
Total Posts:  38
Joined  01-28-2021
lastmonk - 05 December 2021 03:22 PM

What do you want to know about it?

Any instruments in particular?

The Garritan for the Motif comes with a lot of instruments.

I have them for the Motif, IMO they are top notch.  IMO they were well worth the money.  When combining the Garritan samples with the built in orchestral samples that are already in the Motif, you end up with a pretty complete sound palette.

Also, the articulations of the samples are only as good as the musician using them., you have to know when and how to apply articulations/dynamics on an instrument by instrument basis.  e.g
Dynamics/Articulations for Bassoon, Oboe, Harpsichord, are different than Dyanmics/Articulations for French Horn, Saxophone, or Viola, etc.

The samples are all high quality, and using Motif’s XA CNTRL, CTLSET modulation matrix, and Controller ARPS, most of the basic orchestral articulations/dynamics can be achieved with GPO lite.

In addition to that, the AWM2 Synth and sound editing capabilities can be used to fill in any gaps in timbre you might encounter.

The real question is what instruments and articulations are you specifically interested in?

WOW, I have no idea if it’s a problem on my end or with the forum but I never get notified about new replies even though I’m subscribed to the threads and I have all the notifications options on.

I’m mostly interested in solo strings (particularly sforzando and legato cellos, contrabass, violas) and just the sample quality in general of solo/ensemble trumpets and french/english horns.

[ Ignore ]