mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Melas Software Concern/Question"

Posted on: November 20, 2021 @ 12:48 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I’ve attached a screenshot from the Melas Total Librarian manual.

Does this mean that NO Songs or Patterns can be moved around or manipulated within Total Librarian? I’m not using the program (yet), but this seems like a rather important loss of functionality for an MOXF owner.

But before I get too worked up, perhaps someone who actually uses and relies on the Melas Pack can describe the actual ramifications of this—compared to what can be done on, say, a Motif XF.

Image Attachments
Melas Question.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2021 @ 01:49 PM
🎹Lex
Total Posts:  81
Joined  05-20-2009

Even on Motif XS/XF, it is not possible to move around sequence data. Only the mixes can be moved around, but the actual MIDI data recorded in the sequencer can’t be moved.

BTW, massive kudos to Melas for continuing to support this generation of Yamaha synthesizers. The new update is great; thanks to the ability to select multiple parts and edit them simultaneously, it’s now easy to use these synths as MPE tone generators when in a mixing mode.

This really ought to be advertised on the front page of Motifator. It’s the biggest Motif news since the XF v1.50 firmware update.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2021 @ 03:43 PM
BeeRad
Total Posts:  123
Joined  10-17-2006

What Melas update are we on?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2021 @ 11:53 PM
🎹Lex
Total Posts:  81
Joined  05-20-2009

As of March 2021 the Waveform Editor was updated to 3.0.0, and as of October 2021 the XF/XS Tools were also updated to 3.0.0.

There’s even a new VST3 plugin, and many other updates (high DPI screen support and 64 bit, for instance).

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/index.php

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2021 @ 11:55 AM
BeeRad
Total Posts:  123
Joined  10-17-2006

Many, many thanks!

[ Ignore ]