mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Goodbye"

Posted on: August 18, 2021 @ 01:49 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s become obvious that something unfortunate has happened here, since spam postings greatly outnumber on-topic ones, and nobody is removing the unrelated posts.

Sadly, I will no longer be participating on the Motifator forum. I wish all members who have shown genuine interest in Motif-related topics a fond farewell. I also wish Julian Colbeck (MrMotif) and others of Motifator/Keyfax the best - thank you for the opportunity to participate in what was a great forum.

Goodbye, Motifator - it’s been fun, but no longer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2021 @ 12:53 AM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

I’ve learned a lot from this forum. I’ve learned a lot from you. The Motif XF is very important to me. Thank you, 5pinDIN.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2021 @ 04:12 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

I can imagine there being several reasons why this forum is shrinking in importance and posts, and I’m a noob in the Motif world, so wasn’t here when it was at its peak.
What I do know is that there is only one Legend here, and I wish you the best of the future wherever you’re going, Sir!

Thanks for all the hints and tips!
Most of them not asked for by me, but I’ve still sucked up some of your shared knowledge. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2021 @ 08:14 PM
cal900
Total Posts:  33
Joined  08-12-2013

Thank you 5pinDIN for all your counsel.  I, for one, have benefited immeasurably from your input on countless questions of stranded travelers.  The responses to this thread should be numbering in the hundreds, if not thousands, in appreciation for all you’ve invested into so many others.  We all should by you a car or house or something…

Anyway, I agree with your assessment.  Right on.  Conditions became a bit tattered.  It’s awful that it has to be this way, but it gives a good reason to thank you for all you’ve done, instead of riding into the digital sunset without a point in time to give you the laudations you deserve.  (Anyone wondering what that’s all about, count the number of times 5pinDIN offered his/her advice over the last hundred years).  Thanks so much, dude/dudess!  We all want to be like you when we grow up!  I appreciate ya.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2021 @ 10:49 AM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

5pindin, you have been a great resource for many people on this forum.  To say you will be missed is an understatement.  I wish it wasn’t so, but I understand your position. I hope I can learn more about the Motif XF on my own, but sometimes it is just a frustrating trial and error.  Thanks for all your support.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2021 @ 05:35 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
5pinDIN - 18 August 2021 01:49 PM

It’s become obvious that something unfortunate has happened here, since spam postings greatly outnumber on-topic ones, and nobody is removing the unrelated posts.

Sadly, I will no longer be participating on the Motifator forum. I wish all members who have shown genuine interest in Motif-related topics a fond farewell. I also wish Julian Colbeck (MrMotif) and others of Motifator/Keyfax the best - thank you for the opportunity to participate in what was a great forum.

NOOOOOoooooooo!

You cannot go!  No You Cannot Go!!!!  NO NO NO NO You cannot go!

There is no Motifator without 5pinDIN!

So,., all you are allowed to do is take a sabbatical.

A month off maybe a month 1/2 off (At most).

This site won’t survive without you., and this site is a international resource.  Sure., many don’t get it right now., But as the saying goes you don’t know what you’ve got till its gone.

The pandemic has the whole world under stress right now., that’s probably added a little to your frustration.,

But please don’t go!!.  Yes, Yes, take a vacation , maybe 2 vacations.  But you’ve got to come back.

Its not that winners never lose., its winners never quit.  And 5pinDIN you are a winner if I’ve ever seen one.

The synth world needs Motifator, and Motifator needs you, so by the transitive property.....  the synth world needs you man…

No, NO, NO!  you can’t go!

Your expertise is truly unique.  Your analytical skills with respect to synthesis, the Yamaha product line of synthesizers are extraordinary and have saved the day more times than I can count.  We literally can’t put a price on all the advice, help, suggestions, solutions, ideas you’ve put forth on this forum.

NO NO NO you can’t go!  What actions need to be taken in order to get you to stay?  Who do we have to talk to, or petition?
Give us the contact information for those who you think we should talk to, and we’ll have a serious conversation with those individuals.

Take a break, or sabbatical yes, but leave permanently NO, NO, NO.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2021 @ 09:15 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

5pinDIN, thank you for being our professor.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2021 @ 11:35 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

This post saddens me for many reasons. Though we’ve never met, we’ve corresponded via messages and bantered about our ages and the accompanying declines with memory, etc. 

I feel like I’m losing a good friend.  I don’t frequent Motifator too often, but reading your responses to a myriad of queries has always been the highlight of my visits. 

You will be missed and I wish you a happy and fulfilling life.  It’s been a fun ride.  You have my contact info in the event you’d ever want to write and shoot the chat. 
Take care and God bless

Rich

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2021 @ 04:20 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

This is sad news. I have had several instruments from the Motif family over the last 10 years. I’ve gone from S90 to Motif and I’m now on my 3rd MOX/MOXf workstation and I must say this instrument literally changed my creative life! The learning curve has been steep and if it weren’t for the guidance and occasional bitch-slap from Bad Mister and 5pinDIN I would never be producing music at the level I am now.

I sincerely hope someone will step into the breach here on Motifator, cause I have barely scratched the surface when it comes to the capabilities of the MOXf, which is sad since the new Yamaha workstation incarnations are abandoning many of the features that I’ve come to depend on. 

Anyway, thanks, 5pinDIN for your efforts and inspiration. You will be missed!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2021 @ 05:12 AM
🎹Lex
Total Posts:  81
Joined  05-20-2009

I sent you a PM, but I’m not sure that the messaging service on this forum is actually functional.

Thanks for all you’ve done here.

Any chance you’ll wind up over at the YamahaSynth.com forums? The “Legacy Yamaha Synths” section could use your expertise.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 03, 2021 @ 07:42 PM
keyman@usa.net
Total Posts:  77
Joined  07-28-2006

5pindin,
You have helped us in so many ways. You have helped me many times.
I hope you will reconsider. I hope the spam issues are fixed.
I echo all of the above positive comments about this forum and you in particular.
All the best but we hope you’ll stay.
Many many thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2021 @ 11:48 AM
BeeRad
Total Posts:  123
Joined  10-17-2006

I second and third all above comments.  I have also received much help from 5 pin.  I still check this forum daily, though i don’t sign in often!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2021 @ 11:40 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011

Thanks for all of your help and advice, old friend.

I wish you good fortune in whatever you choose to do next.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2021 @ 11:22 PM
maxweb
Total Posts:  77
Joined  01-06-2004

since the pandemic started and i could no longer work as a musician i have not come on motifator anymore.  Today I did it and I discovered this bad news.  5pinDin was the soul of the forum.  Wonderful person, always available and profound connoisseur of the motif.  His brilliant advice helped me a lot in my work.  The abandonment of him will have major repercussions on the life of the site.
It’s a shame!  It is shameful that Yamaha abandoned the site years ago.  It is shameful that even the administrators have followed the same path.
And it is a shame to see so few comments on the announcement of him.
He has helped virtually everyone, hundreds of people, but few, too few have deigned to post a comment.  All good to ask and that’s it.
I feel like I have lost the trusted friend you can rely on, the friend you know who, if he can, gives you a hand and helps you solve the problem.
All the best for you, my dear friend.  I will miss you, and not just for the motif.

If you want, I’d like to thank you in person.

Max.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2021 @ 08:12 AM
Xeraser
Total Posts:  38
Joined  01-28-2021
5pinDIN - 18 August 2021 01:49 PM

I haven’t been here for long and I certainly haven’t posted a lot but I’ve been checking Motifator on and off for a while for help with some XF stuff (and things related to other Motifs) and from the few posts I’ve seen you’ve been a truly invaluable pillar of the Motif community and Motif knowledge in general. It probably doesn’t have the same impact it would from an older member but you’ll be missed. Thank you for your work, you absolute legend.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help with flash memory
Next Topic:

Editing and Saving Voices ››