mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150-AN original software"

Posted on: June 21, 2021 @ 11:08 PM
misterflibble
Total Posts:  5
Joined  06-21-2021

Hi,

I just recently purchased a used PLG150-AN plugin board from Reverb, which is being shipped to me. However, the board I purchased did not come with the software for the PLG150-AN that would have come on the floppies/CD-ROM with the original purchase. Specifically, the files mentioned on pages 14 and 15 of this guide: https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/brochure/5/317205/PLG150AN_catalogue.pdf

I tried to find the software on Yamaha’s site, but the only software that shows up for this product is the Expert Editor: https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/index.html?c=music_production&k=PLG150-an

Does anybody on this forum happen to have the full set of files that would have come with the PLG150-AN on the floppies/CD-ROM? Thanks in advance to anybody who can assist.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2021 @ 06:45 AM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  164
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi,

I had a look through a couple of old boxes just now, and was quite pleased to find my original set of PLG150-AN disks! I don’t know yet if they’re in a readable state after all these years, since none of the computers I currently use are equipped with floppy drives. I do have an old system tucked away, which has one, though. Hopefully, I can bring it back to life and pull the files out for you.

I’ll get back to you! 🙂

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2021 @ 07:38 AM
misterflibble
Joined  06-21-2021

Henry,

Wow, that would be fantastic. Another option I’d like to offer if you’d be open to it is for me to pay for shipping costs both ways to get the drives from you, extract the files, and post them on the forum for everybody, then return your disks to you. I have a USB floppy drive I recently bought to pull some old files off some floppies which had data from my Korg M1, which I used to capture with an old Yamaha MDF2 drive that stopped working.

Let me know if you’re up for this option to save you the trouble of digging out the old computer.

Either way, many thanks in advance for the offer and the effort.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2021 @ 11:41 PM
- Henry -
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi again,

The floppies were OK, and I have now copied the contents to my hard drive. How would you prefer to have the files transferred?

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2021 @ 08:25 AM
misterflibble
Joined  06-21-2021

That’s amazing! Thank you so much. I would suggest attaching the files to this forum thread as a zip archive so that other PLG150-AN users can benefit. If that’s not possible, let me know and I’ll suggest another method.

Thanks again for taking all the effort to help me out with this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2021 @ 03:38 PM
- Henry -
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi,

Very well, here are the files. :)

- H -

File Attachments
PLG150-AN.zip  (File Size: 3859KB - Downloads: 469)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2021 @ 10:33 AM
misterflibble
Joined  06-21-2021

Got them. Thanks again! I love the internet… :)

[ Ignore ]