mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "okay..Perform mode"

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 05:00 PM
ashug
Total Posts:  62
Joined  11-21-2003

okay..I kind of understand what you are talking about..forget the midi for now. U taught me how to transfer a perform into a track . Now I want to do another perform lets say :co 4x4 (user 067 E03) into track 2..can I do that?
A

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 01:49 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: okay..Perform mode

No. A Performance with 4 PARTs will take up the first 4 PARTS of a MIXING setup

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 11:39 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: okay..Perform mode

You can manually setup two “performances” in a Song Mix, but you should remember that since the Motif (classic) can only have a single part with its insertion effects enabled, only one of the “performances” will sound the same in this mix as it did in Performance mode.

To setup two Performances in a Song mix on the Motif classic, you would:[list][*]Using the PFCOPY job in the SONG MIXING mode ([SONG]-->[MIXING]-->[JOB]-->[F5] PFCOPY) copy the first Performance to the current Song’s mix.
[*]Using the EXCHANGE TRACK job in SONG mode ([SONG]-->[JOB]-->[F5] TRACK --> 02 Exchange Track) swap the (up to four) parts of this Performance to the another set of tracks. For example you could exchange tracks 1-4 with tracks 9-12.
[*]Setup the four parts in tracks 9-12 to respond to a single MIDI channel as follows:
- Press [SONG]
- Press [MIXING]
- Press [EDIT]
- Press [9]
- Press [F1] VOICE
- Press [SF2] MODE
- Set the ReceiveCh parameter for Parts 09 - 12 to 9.
- Press [SONG]
- Press [STORE]
- Press [INC/YES]

[*]Using the PFCOPY job in the SONG MIXING mode ([SONG]-->[MIXING]-->[JOB]-->[F5] PFCOPY) copy the second Performance to the current Song’s mix. (The PFCOPY job automatically sets the parts of the copied Performance to respond to MIDI channel 1, so there is no need to assign the receive channel for these (up to 4) parts.[/list:u]When you’ve completed these tasks, when you select part 1, the keybed of the Classic will play the second performance (which was copied into parts 1-4). Similarly, if you select part 9, the keybed will play the first performance. Also, any playing recorded to part 1 or sent from an external device to MIDI channel 1 will playback using the 2nd performance and playing recorded to part 9 or data sent to MIDI channel 9 will playback using the 1st performance.

Also note by default, the Performance copied to parts 1-4 will have insertion effects enabled for the part specified in the copied Performance. If desired you can change which part in the mix gets insertion effects in the Effects Connection diagram accessible as [SONG]-->[MIX]-->[EDIT]-->[COMMON]-->[F6] EFFECT-->[SF1] CONNECT.

Hope this is helpful. If you have further questions, let me know.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ remove casing to airdust?
Next Topic:

Brad’s List: TOP MOTIF/MOTIF ES FORUM QUESTIONS ››