mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG 150DX software"

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 06:28 AM
tonilou
Total Posts:  37
Joined  11-11-2006

If anyone can be of help :
I have a s90 and PGL 150 DX. Using yamaha S90 editor, I am able to export and import sounds between my computer and the keyboard. However, I am unable to do the same with the DX PGL despite the use of the DX editor. When I open a file with the DX editor and select a program, I can hear it when playing the keyboard but am unable to save it in the Kbd. Similarly the edited songs from the keyboard cannot be exported towards the computer using the DX editor. I have checked many times the midisetup etc.. and it seems OK.
I hope I am clear enough to get an expert answer ...
thanks in anticipation
Tonilou
PS :additional info : the S90 editor does not “see” the DX editor that I must open separately

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 07:23 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: PLG 150DX software

The S90 and the PLG150-DX are two separate synthesizers.

The S90 has it own tone engine (creates its own sounds). It can also act as a host for the PLG boards.

The PLG150-DX is a separate synthesizer - it has its own tone engine (creates its own sounds) but it depends on the S90 (host) to provide audio outputs. It sends it audio through the S90’s audio system - where you can add effects, and even assign controllers.

One key difference between them is that the S90 and its Editor have a two way communication. You can send data from the computer editor into the S90… you can also request a bulk dump from the S90 so that the computer can receive data from the S90. EXPORT and IMPORT.

The PLG150-DX is only a passive device. It can receive data from its DX Simulator (editor) but it cannot ever generate it own data to send back. It is only a 1 way street. IMPORT only.

So you are correct: You are unable to do the same with the PLG150-DX Editor.

YOu can send data from the computer to the PLG150-DX using the DX Simulator - but you must know where to look for that data. When you Transmit a Bank of DX Sounds from the Editor to the PLG150-DX they arrive in a specific bank.

If you are not looking at that bank, you may never know that they arrived. The Editor sends the data in sets of 32 Voices (as the original DX had just 32 slots).... you can target locations 1-32 or 33-64 by how you set the PLG150-DX to receive.

The Voices arrive in Bank 035/000

Here’s how you navigate to that bank.
Press [VOICE] to select VOICE mode
Press the PLG button containing the PLG150-DX
Press [F2] BANK
Use the Data Wheel to select Bank 035/000
Press [F1] PLAY

You are now looking at the USER RAM bank of the PLG150-DX. When you send Voices from the DX Simulator they will arrive in this bank in locations 1-32 or 33-64 depending on how you have the following parameter set.
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F6] PLUG
Press the [SFx] button corresponding to the SLOT number you have the PLG150-DX in… Native1, Native 2 or Native 3

The BULK BLOCK can be set to either “1-32” or “33-64”

So you can bulk 32 sounds at a time and load up any two libraries.

For more on how the PLG150-DX works with the S90 please see the Beyond the Manual Getting Started Guide: S90 and the PLG150-DX: A Getting Started Guide

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 12:43 PM
tonilou
Joined  11-11-2006

Many Thanks its works perfectly well. After having loaded voices with the DX ed from the computer to the card (and being able to find them...) , I can then save voices in the PGL user bank and finally export them to the computer with the use of the S 90 editor.So import and export and now enjoy some extra banks !!
BTW, do you know any ressource to get DX and SY banks usable with my gear ?
Best

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2009 @ 10:44 AM
tonilou
Joined  11-11-2006

dear Bad mister : I still need your help.
I followed your advice and it works. As I wrote previously I save one by one voices of interest from bank 035/000 to the user bank of the PLG card. However, the sound changes a lot after being saved. Do you have any trick for that ?
best

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2009 @ 05:26 AM
tonilou
Joined  11-11-2006

dear Bad mister : I still need your help.
I followed your advice and it works. As I wrote previously I save one by one voices of interest from bank 035/000 to the user bank of the PLG card. However, the sound changes a lot after being saved. Do you have any trick for that ?
best

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ I need a VL board!
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››