mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I want better strings (Motif ES)"

Posted on: January 27, 2009 @ 02:44 PM
Radax
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-27-2006

Hi,

I have a motif-rack es and really like a lot of its sounds, but not so much the strings, especially the ensembles.
What can I do to improve this?
Would a PLG board be of help?
And if so, where can I listen to sound examples of the PLG boards on the internet? (I’d also be interested in the piano.)

For those of you who know Roland’s Fantom expansion board SRX-06 “Complete Orchestra” - - - that is what I am looking for!

Here’s a link ...

[url=http://www.rolandus.com/Multimedia/Flash/srx/srx_demo.html]http://www.rolandus.com/Multimedia/Flash/srx/srx_demo.html [/url]

Don’t get me wrong, I know why I bought my Yamaha. But is there any way of achieving that kind of strings sound with my rack es?

Thanks,
Felix

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2009 @ 07:04 PM
cfinn
Total Posts:  143
Joined  11-15-2007

Re: I want better strings (Motif ES)

Hey Radax,

checkout the motifmart

[url=http://motifator.com/mart/VoiceData.htm]http://motifator.com/mart/VoiceData.htm [/url]

There are at least 2 orchestral libraries for the rack es.
I have ‘Artikulation’ and would totally recommend it
Its more voice controlled instruments but still awesome.
The other lib Orchestr’ale I am hoping to get shortly as the demo blew me away.
They are reasonably priced for what you get.
enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2009 @ 12:15 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

Power Bank contains new string sounds utilizing some user waves along with preset waves. It is a multi category voice library so aside from strings and orchestras, you also get Ap’s, Ep’s, Or’s, Ac Gt, El Gt, Br, Rd, Choirs (IMO some of the best you will hear for the ES) & synths. My demo does not contain all of the strings & orchestra, only a small sample.

pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2009 @ 04:04 PM
Radax
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-27-2006

Hi again,

I didn’t find Artikulation or Power Bank, but the Orchestr’ale demos sounded good, indeed.

Please forgive me for being an absolute beginner, but how do I get those voices into my Rack ES after downloading them?

R.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2009 @ 06:22 PM
ksounds
Total Posts:  670
Joined  05-06-2004

Here’s a link to Artikulation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2009 @ 12:33 AM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Please forgive me for being an absolute beginner, but how do I get those voices into my Rack ES after downloading them?

You need to use the voice editor to import voices and dump after on your Rack.

Thank you for your kind words about Alessandro Demo fo Orchestr’Ale.

I co-produce Orchestr’Ale, you can find a Rack Es Voice editor file on it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2009 @ 01:36 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

The demos are about 10 posts down in this forum under “New Voice Bank Available” There are 2 demos attached on the 1st & 2nd thread (strings are on the 2nd attachment). Also under “New Voice Bank DX/FM demo”, there is one demo attached . Thanks for listening.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2009 @ 05:16 AM
ksounds
Joined  05-06-2004

Papaphoenix is correct that you’ll need to use the voice editor software to transfer the voices to the rack. Loading Performance mode sounds can be a little different depending on the product you purchase. For K-Sounds Artikulation (and Organimation), there is a MIDI file containing system exclusive format data. When you connect the rack to a hardware or software sequencer that can play back large amounts of imbedded sysex data, the performances load into the rack from that.

Note that some products in Motif Mart may feature voices only (no performances).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 09:11 PM
nslhrn
Total Posts:  25
Joined  07-24-2008

Which of these voice packs are availlible for Motofi Rack XS. On some wensties I see Orchest’rale for XS but not Rack XS and then on another website I see it tagged for Rack XS.

How can I be sure I’m purchasing the right thing for download.
I’m looking for libraires that made specifically for the Motif Rack XS.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 10:46 PM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Hi nslhrn.
Orchestr’Ale have a dedicated XS rack editor file that you can find in the zip folder.

For Artikulation, Keven correct me if i made a mistake, there is no Xs file in the bank.

For Power Bank, i don’t remember if there a XS rack Editor file, so i let Peter answer to you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2009 @ 10:58 AM
ksounds
Joined  05-06-2004

You’re correct about Artikulation. It’s currently for the ES series only (Motif ES keyboards and rack, S90 ES, and MO). Loaded into a Motif XS keyboard, most of the ES-format voices are playable (but a little different in tone), and most of the ES-format performances are not usable. I don’t know whether loading ES format voices is possible in the rack editor, but I expect the answer is here in the forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need some assistance
Next Topic:

Motifator.com changes: How will they affect you? ››