mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Questions about multisamples"

Posted on: January 04, 2009 @ 08:19 PM
phm8602
Total Posts:  46
Joined  02-18-2004

I have a Motif Classic with 64 mgs of RAM installed.  I have an EMU B3 module that has two really nice B3 sounds that I want to sample.  I have sampled it on my Korg M3, and want to sample it on the Classic as well.  On the M3 I created a multisample where I sampled a note and use it for a 4 or 5 note range.  So if I do 12 to 13 samples, I have covered a 61 note range and have maintained the tonal characteristics of the organ sounds better since I have sampled multiple times.  Does it work like this on the MO Classic?  Don’t get me wrong, I like both instruments for different reasons, but I am concerned that I will get a funny sounding sample if a use a single sample for the whole 61 note range.  It sounds great on the M3 (I know it’s newer and more money), so I am hoping that I can do the same sort of thing on the MO.  Since all I want to do is sample two different organ settings (one with and one without vibrato), I can do really long samples so that the looping isn’t noticeable.  Can I do this or am I getting this all wrong?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2009 @ 08:56 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Questions about multisamples

For information on creating voices from samples, see the Voices: Creating a User Voice From Sample Waveforms entry from the MoPedia (the perpetually broken Motifator Wiki ).

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 06:48 AM
phm8602
Total Posts:  46
Joined  02-18-2004

Re: Questions about multisamples

Thanks, Brad!

That helps a lot!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic: