mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Why does Yamaha piss on Users???"

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 11:46 AM
nature3000
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-28-2008

I really can not understand that a machine like the Motif XS8 with its price point is not able to crossfade the sample loop points, do I have to study the whole documentation, before I can buy a machine??,
when I ordered the XS8, I never spent a second on the thought that it would not be implemented, the cheapest 15 year old EMU samplers are able to crossfade a looppoint, so Yamaha product development department engineers, please give me a reasonable explanation, why this feature is not implemented????????, thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 09:23 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Re: Why does Yamaha piss on Users???

Crossfading is rare on workstations, why I don’t know. None of the Motifs have it and neither do any of the Roland Fantoms or V-Synths, although Korg put it in the Tritons, Oasys and M3.

I am surprised Yamaha left it off the XS as it was a much requested feature on the previous two generations.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2009 @ 03:37 AM
JeffB1963
Total Posts:  71
Joined  12-06-2007

I had an Ensoniq EPS (bought in 1991 I think) which had excellent cross fade looping.

You’d think that some 18 years later it would have caught on!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2009 @ 05:03 AM
lokness42
Total Posts:  59
Joined  12-04-2003

see i also said yamaha doesn’t care about customers, simply because instead of trying to fix with firmware update, the just try to get you to buy a new workstation every 3 years or so.

i feel that if you hace a sampler on board you should have tap tempo so you can easily match the bpm’s. only makes sense to me

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sampling using different velocities
Next Topic:

Questions about multisamples ››