mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Controling element volumes from midi controler."

Posted on: October 23, 2008 @ 12:14 AM
stjay1
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-27-2004

Hi every one,
Can some one please tell me how to set up the sliders on my midi controler keyboard to control the individual volumes of each element of a voice on my motif rack xs, just as the sliders on the xs keyboard does? Also, can you do this both in voice and multi mode? If so, please explain. Thanks in advance for any help.
Jason

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2008 @ 10:50 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Controling element volumes from midi controler.

You cannot have the sliders on your external controller control the individual Element Volumes of 8 Elements of the Motif Rack XS. Sorry.

In the keyboard Motif XS, the CS send special messages (System Exclusive messages) that are specific to each Element.

You don’t mention what MIDI controller keyboard you have so we cannot really help you further…

What is possible:
It is possible to edit a Motif-Rack XS Voice so that Element Level is assigned to a physical controller, for example, the ORGAN Voice: Or: Fully PRE 1:103
This is a 4 Element Organ Voice

In this Voice the Assignable 1 and Assignable 2 are assigned to Element Level.
cc016 (AS1) will change the Element Level of EL3
cc017 (AS2) will change the Element Level of EL4

Also in this Voice the Assignable Function 2 button (cc087) will lower both Elements 3 and 4.

But there is no way to assign sliders to control individual Element Volumes unless you can assign System Exclusive messages from your controller. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2008 @ 01:24 PM
stjay1
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-27-2004

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I am using a M-Audio Axiom 61 as my midi controler. Please advise me on weather this unit can send the sysx messages to control the 8 element levels? If so, can you please give me an idea on how to set things up both on the Motif Rack Xs and on the Axiom 61? Thanks a lot.
Jason

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2008 @ 01:52 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, I know nothing about the M-Audio stuff… you should contact them about what functions can be assigned to their controllers… I tend to doubt it - (if you want my gut reaction) - but it never hurts to ask.

Editing Voices on the Motif-Rack XS is handled with the Motif-Rack XS Editor available for free from [url=http://www.yamahasynth.com]http://www.yamahasynth.com [/url]

You can assign controllers either in the Editor or via the front panel
Go to VOICE mode
Press [EDIT]
Select CONTROLLERS
On pages 2 of 4, 3 of 4 and 4 of 4 you can see the six Controller setups - that tell you want physical controller (Src or SOURCE) is targeting what parameter (Dest or DESTINATION)…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 09:02 PM
nslhrn
Total Posts:  25
Joined  07-24-2008

Re: Controling element volumes from midi controler

Late reply to you. Get the Enigma software from M-Audio’s site. If it can be done, that software will allow you to set it up. I haven’t used Enigma in a couple years but I vaguely remember it being able to assign sysex data to any controller on the Axiom.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ new von haulshoven track
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››