mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Relocating to Australia?"

Posted on: July 23, 2007 @ 02:15 PM
ZOID
Total Posts:  531
Joined  04-09-2004

Im just thiking....Just brainstorming… How would it be for me, as a Scandinavian guitarist to relocate to Australia to live on music and mabe something else on the side? Is it just a “NO GO” or is there at good chance to make a living of some kind?

Just curious.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2008 @ 10:24 AM
ZOID
Joined  04-09-2004

Re: Relocating to Australia?

Ok ok, I got it. it is a NO GO.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2008 @ 08:35 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Australia is a huge country. You might want to travel there first, spend some time in different areas of the country, and explore the possibilites from within. Find out which area you like best then explore immigration policies, work permits etc.................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2008 @ 03:55 AM
Cowzar of Cunka
Total Posts:  344
Joined  10-10-2003

Australia has a vast multi-cultural diverse society. You will find it quite open to overseas artists.

I would suggest if you come here you start with either Melbourne or Sydney. (I’m from Melbourne myself - and Yamaha’s Australian headquarters are based here also).

There are a few Australian musician websites around. Trying doing a google with say Melbourne/Sydney and the words “gig guide or muso” in them.

Just remember, we are no different to ANY other place in the world. If you are a crummy act, we will “boo” you. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

Cheers
Brian

CUNKA - Motif ES -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2008 @ 11:19 PM
Slim Jim
Total Posts:  241
Joined  05-22-2007

Zoid, I’ve heard some of your Mo songs and IMHO they are some of the best. I’m sure with your talants you could find work anywhere. You may have to start with the usual cover scene until established.

Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2008 @ 03:11 PM
imagin8
Total Posts:  108
Joined  08-01-2007

Zoid, I concur with the previous two posts.  My take on it though is that artists in general have a higher chance in Melbourne.  Sydney is good too.  Check them yourself, you may form your own opinion.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2008 @ 04:33 AM
ZOID
Joined  04-09-2004

Thanks for your input guys. As I said Im just curious but I’ll take your suggestions into consideration. 

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ The moment of truth!!!
Next Topic:

Help with New XS7 ››