mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Xf does not update firmware"

Posted on: March 15, 2023 @ 07:13 AM
Eduardo Graf
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-14-2023

Hello, how are you?

My name is Eduardo, and I recently acquired a motif xf8. My problem happens when I try to update the firmware to the most current version which is 1.5. My motif has version 1.01 and when I put the pendrive, which was formatted by the motif itself and put the uncompressed file inside the pendrive and boot to update, after loading it an error message appears “checksum error” and no update.

What could be the problem?

Excuse my english, I’m from Brazil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2023 @ 01:16 PM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

Have you tried doing a factory reset first?  After that, try installing the update.
“Resetting the User Memory to
the Initial Factory Settings”
The original factory settings of this synthesizer’s User Memory can be restored as follows.
NOTE When connecting a computer to the MOTIF XF via a IEEE1394 cable, disable the driver used for this connection beforehand, and follow the procedure below to execute Factory Set.
NOTICE
When the factory settings are restored, all the Voice, Performance, Song, Pattern, and system settings in the Utility mode you created will be erased. Make sure you are not overwriting any important data. Be sure to save all important data to your USB storage device or a computer on the network before executing this procedure (page 64).
1 Pressthe[UTILITY]buttonthenthe[JOB] button to call up the Factory Set display.
2 Setthecheckboxof“All”toon,thenpress the [ENTER] button.
The display prompts you for confirmation. Press the [DEC/NO] button to cancel the Load operation.
3 Pressthe[INC/YES]buttontoexecutethe Factory Set.
After the Factory Set has been completed, a “Completed” message appears and operation returns to the original display.
NOTICE
• For Factory Set operations that take longer to process, you will see the message “Now executing Factory Set...” during processing. While such a message is shown on the display, never attempt to turn off the power while data is being written to Flash ROM. Turning the power off in this state results in loss of all user data and may cause the system to freeze (due to corruption of data in the Flash ROM). This means that this synthesizer may not be able to start up properly, even when turning the power on next time.
• When entering a checkmark to the box of the Power On Auto Factory Set and executing the Factory Set, the Factory Set will automatically be executed each time turning the power on. Keep in mind that this also means that your original data in Flash ROM will be erased each time you turn on the power. Therefore, the checkmark of this box should normally be removed. If you remove the checkmark of this box and execute the Factory Set, the Factory Set will not be executed when turning the power on next time.
For details about the Factory Set, refer to “Resetting the User Memory to the Initial Factory Settings—[JOB] (Factory Set)” in the Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2023 @ 01:04 PM
Eduardo Graf
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-14-2023

Hello friend, how are you?

Even after restoring to factory defaults, I still can’t update.
When I restart the keyboard in the mode that will be updated, it starts reading the USB stick with the firmware update and gives the message “cheksum error”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2023 @ 01:48 PM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

Have you tried the Yamaha website https://yamahasynth.com? You can ask questions to Badmister, he may be able to help you.

You may also want to use a different thumb drive.
Here is a compatible list:
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/1/955611/DE_en_MOTIFXSXF.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mixing mode XF8 questions
Next Topic:

USB flash drive with motif XF. CAPACITY LIMIT ››