mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ES doesn’t see what’s on my USB"

Posted on: June 19, 2022 @ 02:53 PM
chensa
Total Posts:  86
Joined  08-04-2004

I’ve basically retired my ES but still use it occasionally.

I tried to load a library via a thumb drive and the keyboard recognizes the devices.  However, it doesn’t see the files on the drive.

Before I give up hope, I did a factory reset, but it didn’t help.  The smart card still works but I really don’t want to spend money on it since it’s not in use. (Although in an emergency, it’d be nice to have it available).

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2022 @ 12:39 PM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  64
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi there,

chensa - 19 June 2022 02:53 PM

I tried to load a library via a thumb drive and the keyboard recognizes the devices.  However, it doesn’t see the files on the drive.

This would typically happen when attempting to use a thumb drive larger than the Motif ES’ 2 GB upper limit.

The drive also has to be formatted with the old FAT16 file system. The best way to format a thumb drive for the Motif ES is still to format it in the Motif ES. If your thumb drive is 2GB or smaller, I suggest you try the following:

- Back up those files on your computer for a moment.
- Format the drive using the Motif ES, and wait for it to complete.
- Move the drive to the computer and copy the files back onto the drive.
- Retry loading the files on the Motif.

If the above fails, and your Motif ES already has a SmartMedia card inserted, but you have no compatible card reader for your computer, here’s an alternative option:

The Yamaha File Utility (Windows only) can transfer files to the card over MIDI, while the card is seated in the Motif ES’ slot. A MIDI connection between instrument and computer is all that is required.

- H -

[ Ignore ]