mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trying to control a Yamaha MOXF with a Sipario Advanced MIDI router"

Posted on: May 15, 2022 @ 01:59 PM
tuna
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-30-2019

I recently got a Sipario Advanced MIDI controller and have figured out how to use it to simultaneously configure multiple keyboards in my rig to the voices I want (at the touch of a button).

Here’s my problem:

I use the MOXF as a MIDI controller for a Yamaha Reface YC and I need to disable the tone generator on the MOXF so I only hear the Reface. I can menu dive on the MOXF to turn local control off, but would like to be able to do this with the Sipario.

I suspect that a Sysex message needs to be sent from the Sipario to the MOXF & have looked through the MOXF data list but can’t figure out what to send.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 16, 2022 @ 04:32 AM
tuna
Joined  12-30-2019

Follow up:

I’ve input the following sysex on the Sipario: 43 10 7F 1C 01 00 00 09 00

The prefix F0 and suffix F7 are not required or allowed on the Sipario. I verified this is the correct sysex by using the MIDIView app.

Still getting nothing on the MOXF. I’m not having any problems changing voices / banks using MSB / LSB so I know I’m hooked up correctly to the Sipario.

I contacted Sipario support and sent them all this info plus the attached screenshots from the unit and will post any solutions in case anyone else experiences the same problem.

Image Attachments
Sipario P1.JPG
Sipario Sysex.JPG
Sipario P2.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 16, 2022 @ 04:53 AM
tuna
Joined  12-30-2019

I am apparently a moron.

I had the Sipario “scene” setup so that sysex was disabled.

A long press on the “scene” gets you to the setup menu.

See screenshots.

I hope this helps other Sipario users. The Sipario manual is just awful and there is only scant information available from various Google & Youtube searches.

That said, once you understand it, this unit makes it very easy to configure multiple keyboards with a single screen touch. The unit has a very small footprint and sits easily on a 2nd tier next to my Boss RC-505 looper.

FWIW, I’m using 2 stands. One has a Yamaha P121 with the aforementioned RC-505 & Sipario on a 2nd tier. The other stand has a Yamaha MOXF6 with a Reface YC on the 2nd tier. Love the Reface too!

Image Attachments
Scene Setting sysex off.jpeg
Scene Setting sysex on.jpeg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 16, 2022 @ 12:52 PM
tuna
Joined  12-30-2019

Suddenly not working again. I haven’t changed a thing and the sysex command function is not working.

I Shut everything down and restarted, still nothing. I can change voices based on MSB/LSB and program changes but no sysex.

I can’t understand why it worked at first but now it won’t.

[ Ignore ]