mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF and Flash board"

Posted on: November 03, 2021 @ 03:41 PM
bdobrien
Total Posts:  6
Joined  07-17-2006

I recently purchased a used Motif XF7. The unit is in great condition and everything seems to be working properly. However, I just bought 2 FL1024M flash boards for the unit, installed and formatted both. After formatting, they both report 1022M available.

I have tried installing a couple of libraries to the Flash boards, but keep getting error messages at the end of the install process. The install process will start and take about 3 - 4 minutes to run, but at the end I am getting a disk or memory read/write error message. I have tried using both FL1 and FL2 as the target, but have the same result for each board. I have also tried different USB sticks/SSD hard drives and have the same result. I have tried two different libraries, Chicks Mark V from the 40th anniversary pack and Jamal’s Flash Sounds (each of which should fit on each of the FL boards).

I have attached pictures of the settings for loading the file and the error message I get when it fails for Chicks Mark V.

I think the settings are correct, but appreciate any help if I have something wrong there. I am also wondering if maybe the FL modules have a problem. They seem to be fine since they will format and are recognized by the Motif, but I wonder if maybe they have a bad chipset?? Is there any to test the FL boards to see if they are bad??

Appreciate and suggestions or additional things to check/try to see if I can get this working.

Thanks

Image Attachments
thumbnail.jpgthumbnail (1).jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2021 @ 06:26 AM
muzior
Total Posts:  4
Joined  09-19-2006

You have defective flash memory. I once had a similar problem in a Tyros 4. I replaced the flash memory and everything came back to normal

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI sequence for ELO’s "Tightrope"
Next Topic:

Help Creating a Pitch Shifted Delay ››